Help Needed For tying Meal worm

A

Allmyne

Last year I received a meal meal worm fly from a seasoned tyier, of course I lost it... Would like to tie some before the ice melts, i need some advise here. Heard alot of ideas including using a rubber band. Thanks in advance

Yup...rubber band and an ostrich herl collar...thats it!

A small strip of foam tied up like a pot roast works too. Not too durable though.

I usually just fish big bushy hare's ear larva style flies when they are catchin the stockers on meal worms.

i tyed some using latex , then colored it with a waterproof marker and ribed it with a shade darker thread , but like tom said a rubber band , its a lot quicker

One I like is an off-white synthetic craft yarn wrapped up and tied off with a black thread head. The synthetic yarn is translucent when wet, so the color can be modified by a thread underbody. White, yellow, and orange underbodies give the wet fly different looks.

Now that were all set with that pattern any suggestions for a corn fly, preferably of the Green Giant varity :-D

yellow glo bug seems to cover that one matt. I know.

it's not the best, but at least it's fishing!

you inspired me to tie one last night... rubber band and ostrick herl... looks good to me. Also tied a zibra midge for the first time... got that from another post yesterday. Now i just need to get them WET!

I have a meal worm pattern using embroidery floss
hook -200r
body -embroidery floss woven on hook (DMC -435 )

black bead or black dubbing at thorax
Will try to post picture later

Back