Hard Bodied Ant info

LetortAngler

LetortAngler

I typically use Krazy glue for my hard bodied ant but I white-ish appearance shows after drying, what type of laquer can you buy locally that will give it a nice shine finish?

Several layers of Sally Hansen's?

Yep........Clear nail polish'l do it.

Sally H. polish, a great tying product not intended for that purpose. Your ants will shine like the sun.

I go through more nail polish than my wife...

I use the sally hensens as well, works great

Use the Sally Hansen's in black if you can find it. Loon Hard Head is good but takes a bit of time to dry. Clear Cure Goo in thin or hydro most certainly work.

T

Thanks eveyone

Everyone*

uv resin covered beads

ant6.jpg

ant7.jpg

When I read that the ant was a resin covered bead before seeing the pic I honestly didn't think I'd like it. A lot nicer than I thought, what size are they?

any size hook that will accept some beads.

the smaller the hooks get it will become harder to use the beads so a build up thread segments and coat with uv resin.

That's what I was thinking about the smaller hooks and beads, so that got me curious about what size they were in the pic. Thread bumps and some sally's is how I make my wet ants. I tie in a piece of pearl crystal flash and give a few wraps around each bump as I'm tying, then coat gives a nice effect. Thanks.

Thanks nfrechet, that's exactly what I was looking for

Back