Halfbacks

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

Since tying this fly for the swap I've tried a few more color variations. It's a really fun pattern to tie, and there's a lot you can do with it. They're all weighted to a 1/8 th" tungsten bead with tungsten thread.
halfbacks2_zpsa47de149.jpg

Those look great. I'll take 10:)

Look like Czech nymphs. I thought the halfback was pheasant tail and peacock herl.

They do look good!

I tried to replace the first pic because it seemed too small to see but waited to long, now I can't. Didn't mean to pile up the pics. Just wanted everyone to be able to see them. Thanks a lot trout & Joe.

halfbk1_zps3610a848.jpg

halfbk2_zps633a62d2.jpg

halfbk3_zps772e39b5.jpg

They are nice looking ties Jack!
Mike.

They are really great looking ties, Jack. I can't wait to give them a shot.

Thanks a lot guys. Weaving was frustrating at first but I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. That and figuring out that latex gloves gives a better grip than the cotton gloves I started using for this. My hands tear most of the material used for weaving to shreds.

Jack when I saw Halfback in the title I was thinking of a totally different fly. I tied 2 dozen Halfbacks last week for my panfish box. This is what I was thinking you were talking about. Nice ties by the way.

;-)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgfMDkrAfs&autoplay=1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2
A halfback by any other name... :roll: I like that one too, I like the one you tied better than the in the vid. Thanks Dan.

Nice looking flies.

I've seen this pattern before but I can't recall where.

Jack, all of your bugs look good. I've seen some in person (Roger stole them from you) and they're sharp.

I like that one too, I like the one you tied better than the in the vid.

That's not mine. Got the pic from Google.

turkey wrote:
Jack, all of your bugs look good. I've seen some in person (Roger stole them from you) and they're sharp.

Jack is quite the tier, he never ceases to impress me.

Nice Jack, can't wait to test them out

BrookieChaser wrote:
Nice looking flies.

I've seen this pattern before but I can't recall where.
Hammercreek flyfishing has a video on the pattern which is where I first saw it.
Roger and I fish a lot together, we're always swappin patterns. :)
Brian, thank you for such a high compliment.
Thanks to everyone for such kind words, I appreciate it.

nice looking czech nymph

Really good looking flies. Woven flies take patience that I just don't seem to have. Very well done.

GC

Thanks Gc. I found that once you get past the can't seem to keep things lined up no matter what I do point it's really a pleasure to weave. And I love the effect you get.

Those r really nice flies l2n ...

Thank you very much Andrew.

Stupid question of the night .. besides what I think is the obvious and probably isn't ... why r these called czech nymph's?

Back