Gummy Minnow

Hook_Jaw

Hook_Jaw

Has anyone used these yet? I haven"t really heard much about them until lately they look like they work work good just wondered if anyone has used them.

tried them when Blaine choclett came out with them, wasn't to excited and can be a pain to tie

Hook_Jaw wrote:
Has anyone used these yet?

No, not yet anyway.

They're popular with guys who target bonefish in some tropical countries. I don't know anyone who widely uses this pattern in PA. My guess is they would be particularly effective in tailrace situations where bass and trout are targeting stunned or dead baitfish such as shad or alewife.
Otherwise, too much trouble to tie even for me, and I tend to construct flies as much as tie them.

I've never [d]tied[/d] constructed any of these [d]flies[/d] lures :lol:

They are more related to a soft plastic lure than a fly. If you're okay with that, give them a try.

They work on stripers and blues in the salt as well as SMB & LMB and probably crappies in freshwater.

Some years ago, striper flyfishers were super gluing 2 1/2" Fin-s-fish to ss hooks. I bought a bag, never did try them - now living in the Poconos with only a bi-yearly trek to the salt... probably just rig them for a casting rod.
Mike B

I'm fine with that afishinado if they catch fish

I have a buddy who swears by them. I prefer zonkers with the extra movement.

To me it is, like others had stated, more like molding your own soft plastics.

I would think that spin fishing with soft plastics would be easier and more successful, too.

Back