Glow leg black stonefly

Leteras

Leteras

What do you guys think? The legs glow in the dark and the dubbing underneath also glows. I just need to hit some water now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140311_154445.jpg
    IMG_20140311_154445.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 10
are you fishing that at night?

Sometimes. Mostly I use the glow materials in the day. It puts off a ton of u.v. and I seem to do better with flies that I incorporate glow materials into.

That's a great looking fly!

I found a great source for rubber legs. These rubber bands are cheap and come in any color you can imagine, and some colors that defy imagination. They have neon, glo, sparkle, etc.

The material is flexible, tough and long lasting.

pTRU1-17453434dt.jpg

i once thought the craz-loom rubber bands would be useful for fly tying but after tying a few caddis larve with them just just came apart and all i was left with is a strand of the band coming off the bend of the hook. i think they get stretched out so much they want to return to their relaxed condition.

its just like the old rubber band nymph of old. they would either dry out and break or become unwrapped

they might be good for rubber legs but i would not recommend them for any other application

glow in the dark may put off phospherescence but i dont think the put off uv

Hmmm, that's interesting. I've just been using them for legs without any problem. It sounds like they must get stressed somehow when wrapped tightly around the hook.

Thanks for that info, good to know.

The loom bands do come apart when wrapped around the body. The only way to stop this is to coat the body with soft tex if you are intent on using them. I put the glow material under a black light also and it puts off a deeper purple color more than a regular white non glow material. When under the light. Whatever the case may be with it I really like the material.

Back