Glow in the dark saltwater minnow

Leteras

Leteras

I tied some of these glow in the dark saltwater minnows up on an Allen 3/0 saltwater hook. Everything but the eyes glow in the dark. The shank of the hook is also wrapped with glow in the dark stretchable cord. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Saltwater glow minnows.jpg
    Saltwater glow minnows.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
bad thing about that is most things that glow in salt are poisonous. jelly fish, some species of fish, etc. I've seen striper turn away from glow in the dark stuff. though if you are fishing deep water over 100 feet it seems to work. not sure why, but I haven't used glow materials for a long time. look at some of the more popular patterns they are not tied that way either...nice looking flies though...

Thanks for the compliment. Those were a custom order for a guy headed to Florida. I think they should do well for freshwater fish as well. I didn't know about fish turning away from the glow stuff in the salt thanks for the info, we'll see how he does with them. I asked for pictures if he lands anything on them. I am thinking of using them for the hybrid stripers in lake Arthur here at night.

Back