Gaeron's Wasp

gaeronf

gaeronf

I have been a lurker here for a while, but hopefully I'll start participating a little more. Here is a little wasp I developed. All criticism welcome.
DSCN0542.JPG

DSCN0543.JPG

DSCN0545.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG

OUCH ! it looks good,

Nice fly!

Nice tie.
Have you seen this pattern?
http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/sharks-wasp/

whheff,

I actually tied that fly for last years terrestrial swap, though the host is the only one to see them! Easy to tie, only tip would be to cut the black foam about a blades width thinner than the yellow. Maybe I'll host a swap this fall/late summer terrestrial swap.

JH

I am not really a big foam tier...

gaeronf,

Actually, it was little pieces of foam.. Your pattern is very good and will no doubt work as well. Looking forward to more post/pictures of flies from ya.

JH

Thanks! If you want to see all my flies you can see most of them on my blog: www.treartonfly.blogspot.com
Also, I am hosting a contest there so please participate. Hopefully I'll be able to get more flies upo here and participate a little more.

flyfishermanj wrote:
whheff,

I actually tied that fly for last years terrestrial swap, though the host is the only one to see them! Easy to tie, only tip would be to cut the black foam about a blades width thinner than the yellow. Maybe I'll host a swap this fall/late summer terrestrial swap.

JH

I would have loved to see that fly. I tied some lady bugs for that swap too. Strange we never heard any more from the host of that swap. I will get in on yours when you post it.

Back