Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Foam Beetle

From Barto PA
Dude The fish on the LL see so many beetles and other flies that they become extremely reluctant to just suck it in with wild abandon. Many of the fish you're missing are actually coming up to take a close look and maybe even bumping the fly with their nose, but I'm sure most are actually rejecting it at the last second. When you get on a stream where they haven't seen as many beetles the hooking ratio goes up dramatically. You can almost tell within an hour or so of fishing a stream if it gets alot of beetle fishing pressure by the way the trout take the fly. I've been beetle fishing for many years now and it's my favorite type of fishing because of the way unpressured trout, especially wild browns take it. I've had them charge several feet to hit beetles on many occasions. Kind of reminds me of the waya bass will sometimes charge a popper when it first hits the water.

Posted on: 2007/7/19 13:40

Re: Foam Beetle

RRR,

Thanks for the reply, I can attest the the beetle charging, I think thats why I love using them so much. I did notice that the first time I used the mighty beetle on the LLH the fish were hitting it pretty hard and taking it streight down, sometimes they were coming from several feet away. Maybe I was fortunate enough to start using the beetle before others did, but now the trout regognize what they are and are weary...

Posted on: 2007/7/19 15:30

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com