Fly Swap Pages Updated - Improved?

Also, you may notice many flies with no recipe and/or tying instructions. If any of these are your flies and you want to complete the entry by supplying the recipe and instructions, please do so. And, even if they aren't yours, but you feel you can supply a recipe or instructions to help me make the pages more useful, send along your efforts. Thanks.

Really nice! Thank you, I really like the index page.

For the dimmer ones of us (me). Please explain how this works, as I have not participated in the past but would like to this year.

Are there certain flies that each person ties, or a fixed number of their favorite? do you get matched up with a fly pal or what.

inquiring minds want to know.

ryan, say you have 15 participants. Each person ties 14 of the same flies. Each person can choose what fly to tie. All the tiers send their flies to the swapmeister. The swapmeister receives 14 flies from each of the 15 participants and separates them so there are 15 sets of 14 different flies. Then he sends the sets back. When you send your flies to the swapmeister, you include a pre-paid envelope/box to get your return flies. The "rules are more detailed, but that's the jist of it.

count me in dude i got 15 green wenies that I can't wait to get rid of :lol:

seriously, that sounds cool.

I'd like to be in again. When do they usually start?

MattM..
I am in as well for this years swap.......However not interested in hosting again this year.

Hosting the swap is not difficult, but I have too much going on to volunteer again. Traditionally, the call for participants is underway by now so the group can be established around Christmas and the flies due in early February. I may tie this year, but cannot host. If anyone wants to volunteer, I have saved rules and e-mail instructions, etc. that will make your job easier. I will still add the flies to my pages following the swap.

nick the new guy here.... i more than likely will not be able to participate this year as i will be out of town alot next month. If someone will carry the torch this year, i will be the swapmeister next yr.

Back