Floodtide 4/0 XL - a redo.

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

I wasnt happy with floodtide i posted the other day, for various reasons - the head, the hook size, the hidden underwing etc etc etc.

So monday night, i set about making it again, I did the wing, then half the body, last night I finished the body, mounted the wing and cleaned it all up.

Kelson's Floodtide on a 4/0XL reworked Sunday Limerick.

Hope you like it, and if you look at the other one i posted a few days back, you'll see this one is 100 times better, and perhaps the best fly i've ever tied.

IMG_0119.JPG

WOW!!!! Everytime you post a fly I am simply amazed at what you have created.

Really nice. Love the colors and I think the black background really makes them pop. How much total time do you think you put in to tying this one?

Thanks guys.

This one took a while.
Forming the wing, as single strands, took one and half hours on monday night.
Then i did the tag, tail, and half the body. about another hour and half.
Last night i finished the body, mounted the under wing and main wing, topping sides and head. About another hour and half.

Total about 4 and half hours

heres a photo of the wings formed and the hook the fly is tied on, before i even put thread to hook.

Click for larger
IMG_0116.JPG

It is a beauty.
Bill

100 times better?? You really are your own worst critic!
Both are beautiful, but his one is clearly something special. Nice work.
Mike.

Gorgeous fly.

I'm liking the fanwing March Brown? in your avatar, too.

You hardly see fanwings any more. I think it was A J McClane who said that much of the effectiveness of the once-popular fanwing Royal Coachman had to do with the fact that it laid down so easy on the water. They do tend to twist the tippet, tho.

Man, watching you tie on Saturday and seeing the finished flies in person really shows what kind of patience and dedication you have to tying beautiful flies. A true work of art.

Back