Fishing Creek

• Thread starter FishingCreekEmerger
  • Start date
FishingCreekEmerger

FishingCreekEmerger

hi all new to the site and well just getting back into flyfishing. i moved to a new location right on the fishing creek ( the strech between Benton and Bloomsburg). i never fished this stream so early in the year so i never needed anything but sulfers to be honest. i am looking at the hatch reports and also have been seeing some gray fox and green drakes on the water. does anyone have any dry fly and emerger patterns for these flys? i see the patterns on the web but i am just wondering if there is an eastern variation of these flys. as i stated i never fished these hatches so any help would be appriciated!!! thanks in advance....

Welcome to the site. I have never fished that area but im sure someone on this site can help you. The guys here are great and get ready for lots of advice. :-D

Welcome neighbor. I live in Stillwater and fish Fishing Creek constantly. The Green Drakes are not a regular on the stream but seem to be making more of a showing this year. Feel free to hit me up on questions about where to go or hatches.

alright cool! i live right behind the Inn Under right at the damn.... what do you suggest as far as patterns? just a traditional Green Drake and Gray fox or is there a stream specialty.....

Welcome to the area. I have been in the Inn Under a few times for refreshments. I have always had good luck fishing a parachute drake when they are taking them, that and a soft hackle version. Honestly dont fish them much...the trout are usually taking March Browns, sulphurs, or cahills instead of the drakes. Where you fishing? Lots of good spots within walking distance of your place. Let me know if you need some spots, where you from originally?

hazleton area. i grew up fishing sulphers near the BS camp. i can sure use some hot spots.....after a long lay off like this i am still a tad rusty! i plan on hitting a good part of the area this summer. maybe spring creek and the penns.....its great to have trout fever again!!!!

a couple of weeks ago, i was at the dam in town, the were some fish rising there right at dark.

try fishingcreekangler.com for stream conditions

march browns, BWO, and sulphurs are on now

yeah i have been really nailing them right by the house here.....i have all the flies i need in almost all other hatch types. i just never fished the gray fox or the G drake....

they have been smashing a molted brown coq de leon matuka!!!

i may head up next week for a day or 2.

I grew up in Berwick and Fishing Creek was my stomping grounds as a kid. I learned to fly fish at the age of 12 on Fishing Creek. I have seen some significant changes to FC over the years but overall it still fishes good. I have some family that owns land just as you enter into Benton from Stillwater side of town. I get up there often to fish on FC but find myself enjoying Huntingdon a bit more upstream of the twin bridges. If you guys ever want to get together to do some fishing send me a PM.

Ron Vought

Back