Filling up nicely!

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

After about 3 weeks of work, this is what I got to show for. Lots of flies I tied did not make the cut but I think I'll put them into prototype box. These are my go to's.

null_zpscfd73b09.jpg

Oh I would like to add I did not tie the articulated PT's or Casual Dress in the bottom right. I would like to keep those handy as I'm working on getting those down.

Looking good, keep on tying!

Good job SM! Now you just need to go fishin!

ive been out at least 2-3x a week, prob why most bugs are running low lol

nice starvin marvin...

all that tying and fishing 2/3 times a week, just gives me more incentive to stay single.

I'm not single, I got the outdoors.

You've been busy! Very nice.

"Didn' make the cut"? What do you mean? ;-) I have flies in my box that have no reason being there but I think, "Hey, maybe one day, that will be the fly they are taking".
I hired a guide a few years ago. He had tons of experience and is a magnificent tyer. Talking about flies and fly tying, he said, "There the the flies you show your friends and there are flies you catch fish with". Sometimes those flies overlap.
I say this partially in jest because there is something awesome about looking at a box of neatly tied and organized flies!

Your box looks good.

They'll still be with me, just on some there were things like wraps over eyes, or maybe my thorax just got built up too much

NICE BOX O FLIES...........looks like part of an Orvis Ad.

Back