Favorite Christmas Present

FrequentTyer

FrequentTyer

Hi All,
I've been lurking for a while, but decided to come out of hiding to brag about a gift from my wife, a copy of "Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying." The word "basic" is a bit misleading. I've been tying for about 8 years now off and on, but I think I have learned something from every page so far. It is crammed with tips and very well thought out. And the photography is excellent.
I have really appreciated the wealth of information you all provide on these forums, and my New Year resolution will be to lurk less and hopefully give something back.
Best holiday wishes,
Mike.

Sounds like it it is a helpful book!!! Enjoy the tying. You'll have to post some of your ties using the new methods!

Welcome to the forum...we look forward to your contributions!

Awesome.

My favorite were gift cards to the fly shop.

I have several tying books and find Cravens book to be the best that I have seen. A lot of good tips for beginer to experienced tyers.

As a novice tyer, I think Craven's book is superb....if you take it chapter by chapter it systematically builds your skills and adds more tying abilities to your arsenal....before I picked it up I really sucked.....now I just suck regular, and am continuing to improve...

Back