Emu bead head

Sur3-Shot

Sur3-Shot

hows it look

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
Is there really a bead on this fly? I can't see it in the picture. Bead head flies would have material tied right up to the bead. You wouldn't have a thread head behind it and that's sort of what it looks like you've done here.

The photo is just ok (no offence). Take half a day and experiment with your camera until you get as good of a picture as you can (lighting, backgrounds, setting, etc.) With a clearer picture we can give you advice a little easier.

Not trying to be a jerk, but when posting a fly ask specific questions. For example, what don't you think you did right about this fly? Ask how that can be changed. Stuff like that. If you just want general crticism/opinions give a little background on the fly (including the dressing).

A lot of bead patterns have the bead in the thorax or center. It can hide the bead, make the profile a little different (thicker at the thorax), and make the balance of the fly different. Some tiers are beginning to get away from a large bead at the head (see Charlie Craven's Two Bit Hooker fly). Weight on the head gives a fly more of a jigging action; weight in the middle helps it stay more horizontal. However, the term beadhead wouldn't necessarily apply - but I don't think there is a standard name for a beaded fly with it somewhere else. One craft fur streamer has the bead near the bend of the hook, which makes the fly wobble a little when stripped.

blugills will love it.

+1 on bluegills. that pattern in a dark color could be a nice stone fly pattern.

if you are tying flies you are not buying them and my hat is off to you.

Yeah i tie my own but that was the wrong pic my photobuckt went screwwy

Back