Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Discount Hooks?

From Curwensville
what I will say about the allen hooks are if your going to buy them and they have a 2x heavy hook and a regular wire in the same hook style....go with the 2x heavy hooks. Will work with the trout around the state and also in case you tie flies up for erie and new York fishing. The regular wire in my opinion are a little flimsy. TCO Fly Shop is where I get my hooks. Its the TCO brand hooks that are identical to the Tiemco hooks and you can get a 25 pk for like $2.95. Pretty cheap for high quality hooks

Posted on: 12/1 20:04

From Woodstock, MD
Green Caddis site is having a sale. Hooks that were $3.95 are $1.98. That's for 25. They are also having 40%off on fly boxes.
Just Google green caddis

Posted on: 12/2 20:52

From Woodstock, MD
Dryflyguyhad a significantly different experience than me.I found the Dai-Riki size 22's to be too big.

I am hoping to home in on one brand, perhaps 2 and reduce clutter in my inventory of hooks. I am still of the philosophy that one can get by with 5 or 6 different styles of hooks. Say 6 different styles of each times an average of 8 sizes that makes about 48 (say 50) different hooks one needs 95% of the time. But that's just be trying to reduce clutter without reducing effectiveness.

Posted on: 12/7 23:13

From Lancaster
How long does it usually take to receive hooks ordered from Allen?

Posted on: 12/13 17:46

From Spring Grove, Pa
I ordered some hooks and beads on the 6th of Dec. and they show them being shipped on the 12th.

Posted on: 12/14 13:17

From Philadelphia
Quote:

dc410 wrote:

I ordered a nice size order on Black Friday and still have not received them. I did hear from them that the BF orders overwhelmed them and they were catching up. I did receive an email and they have now shipped. Very unusual for them.

Posted on: 12/15 0:41

From Virginia/SWPA
I've found that Dai Riki hooks lose their sharpness very quickly and every pack I've purchased has had atleast 5 hooks where the eye was not closed to the point they were unusable. I took a chance on getting some discount hooks from thefishguy.com and they were garbage. I've not tried Allen fly hooks but am a big fan of Daiichi especially the big eye hooks they make for Orvis. IMO I'll pay for good hooks and good tippet since they are in the cheaper realm of fly fishing purchases.

Posted on: 12/23 22:57

~Irish proverb~

From Souderton PA
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Quote:

dc410 wrote:

I ordered a nice size order on Black Friday and still have not received them. I did hear from them that the BF orders overwhelmed them and they were catching up. I did receive an email and they have now shipped. Very unusual for them.

Just for reference I received my BF order in less than a week which is pretty typical of Allen. Its easy to see how they may have been overwhelmed with orders as they came in during the special.

Posted on: 12/23 23:08

From North East PA
I typically receive my orders from Allen in 5 or 6 days. I would bet their half-off sale over-whelmed them and slowed delivery down.

Posted on: 12/24 15:52

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

Hello,

Yes, the BF sale was way more popular that we all expected and it didn't stop for several days after. We had the "oh wow" look just hours after the release. We hired a few part time workers to help fill orders. Hope everyone enjoys the products. We are back shipping within 48 hrs now on orders.

Thank you,

Justin

Posted on: 12/24 23:30

From Lancaster, Pa
Still sale prices for PAFF members?????

Posted on: 12/25 1:07

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com