Crystal Meth?

A

awojo

How many pieces of crystal flash do you use with tying crystal meth? I have been using 2 but I also did a few with 3. They look fuller but just wondering what others have found works best....THANKS!

Sorry not crystal flash...crystal braid....how many pieces of crystal braid do you use when tying the loops? Thanks

no jack
3-4 lines for a all night tying session...

2-3 is fine for the krystal meth flies

I use 2 for mine & gives a nice profile. I can't see why you couldn't use 3.

1, I double it over and tie it in so there is a loop for the tail. This leaves two strands to work with going forward towards the hook eye.

sandfly wrote:
no jack
3-4 lines for a all night tying session...

2-3 is fine for the krystal meth flies

LOL...and I thought you kicked that....

Shouldn't this be on the drug addicts forum?

I tie one loop in at the bend of the hook and 2 the rest of the way up. to conserve material, I just use both ends of the same rope to do 2 rows.

i like to tie in a lil krystal flash tail and then use 2 to 3 depending on the colors and hook size sucker spawns the same way minus the flash tail but i sometimes add a veil
for steelhead

I made my own variation last year. A combo of pink egg yarn with the Krystal tubing on top. Egg yarn catches in the steelies teeth and they can't spit it out if you are slow on the strike. They get torn up easily, but work like a charm.

Back