Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Crayfish Flies

From Lancaster
Wow! Al Ritt's Fighting Crayfish is a seriously high maintenance tie. Really cool pattern, but I will probably lose that son of a gun on the first cast with some of the places that I fish. Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed watching him tie that fly. Doubt whether any of them will ever grace my WW fly box because although I do enjoy tying I really like to fish more than tie. Tight lines, spring is just around the corner (I think), after we get rid of the impending snow storm. Let us know how you do with them this season!

Posted on: 2013/3/24 19:37

From North East PA
Quote:

dc410 wrote:
. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

After looking at the photos again, something is bugging me about these ties. I think you should send me a couple to look over. Preferably before bass season opens!

(You did say any suggestions!)

Posted on: 2013/3/24 21:07

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Dallastown, PA
Yeah John carp eat them too... When stalking the smallies on your local creeks look for "mudders" (plumes of cloudy water in a clear stream) circle around, get upstream and plop it into the run above the fish and let it settle and wait for the carp to get into the area and then twitch it. They will eat that pattern. Just make sure you are tippet ready for the first run.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 22:09

From Lancaster
Suggestions I ask for for ..... and suggestions I got! That is one of the great benefits IMO of this forum and the wealth of information that folks are willing to share. I took the suggestion from FI on one of the original replies on this thread and went back to the vise. I thought that natural rabbit strips would be the answer for the material for the claws. I tied one with natural rabbit and my son looked at it and said he thought there was too much contrast between the claws and the body. He asked if I had any darker rabbit strips. I happened to have both black and an assortment of olive ones. Here is the result of the natural vs. the olive rabbit strip claws with the rest of the pattern the same as my original one. Personally, I think the olive is a really good look. Man, I can't wait to fish them! Thanks for all the replies.

Attach file:

jpg  Crayfish 6.jpg (24.55 KB)
6132_514fb216c4696.jpg 404X336 px

Posted on: 2013/3/24 22:11

From Delaware Co.
Here is the crawfish pattern that I use

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/25 1:50

From Johnstown, PA
"Everybody get outta here!!!!!! There's a LOBSTER LOOSE" ......JK .......those are gonna work on smallies and carp......FRED...that there is a killer ....how ya been?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 6:05

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

osprey wrote:
"Everybody get outta here!!!!!! There's a LOBSTER LOOSE" ......JK .......those are gonna work on smallies and carp......FRED...that there is a killer ....how ya been?

Thxs I have been seeing some ups and owns with all this budget stuff going on . Besides that i'm doing good . How about yourself ?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 23:23

From Johnstown, PA
I'm hangin in there but if this weather doesn't break soon i'm not sure. That's a NICE fly in that pic. Your final product looks alot like Clousers.......u should be proud. The furry foam is one of the things. GOOD LUCK to u and all the rest of the crab slingin folks and...........please all pray for the end of this snow !!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/26 6:41

From Perkasie PA
I love a basic clouser crayfish, unweighted, fished with a sink tip. Or the Skip's dad pattern (which landed me my first carp on a fly last year)

Posted on: 2013/3/26 14:37

From York & Starlight, PA
They are very nice. Please send me 1/2 dozen. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 14:45

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com