Cohen Creatures?

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

anyone see these guys yet. Just got an update to my hareline about them being available. I think I might try the hellgrammite. I think they look good. Says they are made of laser cut suede, so I imagine they will be flexible. I wonder how much the tail would move. Looks like you have to color them yourself. Do youthink that the clear goo stuff is necessary on this or could clear nail polish do the trick?

Might be tying up some soon.

Attachments

• hellgramite body-2.jpg
    hellgramite body-2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10

I'd just stick a pork rind on a jig and get on with it at this point.

been playing around a bit with a hellgrammite that may acutally move like one but cant seem to be happy with what I come up with. This thing just looks ridiculous LOL. tail will wiggle much like how they move, but the profile is a bit skiny, and the head of the fly just doesn't look right.

Attachments

• hellgy 2.jpg
    hellgy 2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4
  • hellgy.jpg
    hellgy.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3
I think anything that gives a shiny finish would work. being non-artistic I am not keen on the idea of shading them myself.

i will probably try some. I hate hellgrammite heads. I have been working on several articulated patterns and the head is always the part that I end up not liking.

That is my biggest pet peeve. T be honest the one I posted was just to see what that thin skin would look like over the chenille. I saw one tied with what appeared to be foam but I want to fish these deep so it is more or less counter productive. Maybe just make the head out of foam? Would be nothing to shape the head and leave a tag that you could tie into, and dub over. I will be tying a few other ones up soon.

Any one use rubber legs instead of biots on them? The biots have the best look. The ones in the photo were just to try turkey biots. I think I will stick with goose. Maybe do up an articulated pattern so that the biots can run the length of the fly like on a real Helgy.

i cant even see the product from the first post being used in the flies in the other post

Back