Caddis Swap

djmyers

djmyers

Since the last swap went so smoothly, I thought I would see if anyone has interest in doing a Caddis swap? I was thinking of any stage of caddis pattern you would like to tie. Whether it be Nymph to dry, you make the choice. Any interest? :-D :-D

You're a swapping fiend. Yeah, I'll tie a few caddis.

I'm sure I could teach myself a simple pattern to tie up.

That is what I am wanting to do. I haven't tied any caddis yet and I wanted to so this will help force me to learn how to tie them.

What do you guys think, would having a deadline of Fri. Nov. 16 be ok?

I think I am going to sign up for a tan caddis.

Count me in for some caddis swap action!

When picking your pattern to tie, you might want to get pretty specific to avoid 4 guys tying the same patter or more importantly someone not tying a type of pattern because someone just said "tan caddis".

For example...tan caddis...tent wing, elk hair, goddard, parachute? Which one. See what I mean? Just trying to help. I may get in on this one as well since I love tying and fishing caddis. You should make sure some of the beginners know that they might want to include sedge, grannom and alderfly patterns as well. Do some googling and pick a good one!

I'll probably do some sort of caddis nymph

Thanks so much for clarifying that for us Tom!!!! I really appreciate it! You can tell I am new at some of this stuff.

So to clarify mine, I will be doing a Tan Elk Hair Caddis. I need to get some experience tying with elk hair.

Let me know what specific pattern you decide to tie guys.

Thanks

Good choice...that is the fly my son caught his first trout with...once you get good at it you can just tie in different sizes and colors and be almost totally covered for Caddis hatches since it fishes as well wet as it does dry. And you can tie a whole bunch in a relatively short period of time.

sign me up coach

I got one I like to tie

Here is the current list and unless someone has other thoughts I will set a due date of Friday Nov. 16 on them. :-D

DJMyers - Tan Elk Hair Caddis
PennsCreek -
JayL -
StudentOfTheStream -
Bruno -

I'm gonna find something totally new for this. I'll get back to you with a pattern sooner or later. Need to do some searching, and perhaps spend some time at the vice.

Put me in Coach......I am ready to play!

Put me down for a cased "peeking" caddis.

Count me in! Pattern to be named later.
JH

I'd like to get in on this too with any color elk hair pattern. You guys pick the color. I need the experience tying elk hairs.

I would like to have at least 12 tyers again. So if you have any interest in joining please let me know.

Currently this is the signed up list. When you decide on colors or patterns just let me know so that everyone else can know what is being tyed. Thanks again for all who signed up!

1 DJMyers - Tan Elk Hair Caddis
2 PennsCreek -
3 JayL - Cased Peeking Caddis
4 StudentOfTheStream -
5 Bruno -
6 Flydog -
7 FlyFishermanJ -
8 MediClimber - Elk Hair Caddis (color?)

Ok, I'm in... tent wing parachute caddis. Good, hi-vis but small dry caddis pattern.

I'd like to encourage someone to go with a pupae pattern or two. I generally fish larvae and adults but I don't fish pupae enough..I'd like some pattern ideas to come out of this swap...just a suggestion.

I'm with you there Tom. I often fish the larva and if I see a few the adults but rarely if ever the pupa. I'll volunteer myself for a pupa pattern. I'll have to do some digging and experimenting till but mark me down for a caddis pupa.

Back