Blood dot scrambled egg

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

I'm having trouble finding a good vidoe or instructions to tie it. I have a couple other patterns that work but i really need to tie an egg color with a roe dot. its a fish killer and im not buying one now that i have the materials. any advice guys??

never mind used the search button and woolah!!

if your also looking heres the thread i found.

blood dot post

Blood dots are glo bugs with a red(contrasting) yoke. Usually blood dots are tied really small like the size of a real steelhead egg. #16-#20. But I have heard people call all glow bugs with a dot a blood dot.

Scrambled eggs are sucker spawn tied with glo bug yarn. Well actually glo bug yarn tied scrambled egg style.

I tie scrambled egg patterns with a red vein running down the middle.

You just tie in the yarn at the bend and Bunch up a row, cinch it down, bunch up a row, cicnh it down, bunch up a row, cinch it down.

For the vein you tie that in to the first cinch and upon each subsequent cinch pull the vein up and cinch it too. It splits the bumps into two rows.

We uses to call the scrambled eggs patterns michellin man after the tire company mascot.

ya, look at the egg in the post, i'll post a pic of mine once there tied. .

Blood dot egg pattern

Blood dot fly

Scrambled egg pattern

orginal1.jpg

Seems there is a hybridization of the two patterns to create what you are looking for.

ya, here are the ones i tied similar to his,

F5E797BD-1614-42FB-972D-7E6C6C78BAF6-992-000000FD841FEAD4.jpg

thanks for the help

we also tried this out this week and did well but we need a name any thoughts??

4DF575F1-9E26-47AD-8472-CE6E41F09A03-992-000000FD914D3394.jpg

The "Velveeta"

The "candy corn"

No change of name needed, it is a scrambled egg pattern or sucker spawn. Changing the colors does not change what it is. If you want, call it a variant.

its easier when you fish to say im using candy corn to your buds and then automatically know what it is, im well aware its a sucker spawn haha

We call that a Half n Half. White with a pink dot produces well for me

jeff blood's blood dot is killer on steel and trout..

I'll use canned corn. :)

nice ties mountain brookie i like jeffs minnow streamer pattern its a killer too
http://youtu.be/EYiey26yQnw

Back