Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Anvil Apex Fly Tying Vise $99

From Portage, PA
I would just spend a few bucks more and go with the Renzetti Traveler. It has great rotary action and superb hook holding power. I have been tying on mine for over a year and have tied numerous flies of various sizes. I had no problems what so ever with it. I just wish this was the first vise I owned instead of buying cheap ones.

Posted on: 2012/4/19 9:45

Re: Anvil Apex Fly Tying Vise $99

From SEPA
you people are good at spending other people's money.

jesus, if i had your money i'd burn my own.

kits are stupid, we've established that, so buy a kit like the sort cabela's calls "Cabela's Standard Fly Tying Tool Kit." its tools but has no materials. it'll cost you $34.

if you want to support the small shop, buy the basic tools (scisssors, bobbin, pokey thing, hackle pliers, hair stacker if you're feeling saucey) and a $20 basic vise.

then buy the materials to tie a fly or two you use alot.

you may discover that your $35 investment is a load of crap and you'd just as soon spend $.75 a fly and save time and aggravation buying them. you won't be out a $40 $99 $140 $160 for a damned hunk of steel and a squeezy bit.

many people can, have, and will continue to tie greater flies than anyone who's ever graced this forum in their bare hands. many people have done nothing but ever use the most basic vise known to man to tie flies for a living, for magazines, and for basic pleasure.

this thread is a train wreck as your wallet empties and people just throw more and more expensive ideas at you.

Posted on: 2012/4/19 10:20

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com