Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Allen hooks

From Lancaster
I have never used them but they look pretty decent. I'm sure I will give them a shot at some point.

MD_Gene - their model N203 scud hooks go down to size 22.

Posted on: 2013/8/3 22:11

Hi dc410,

Thanks for taking a look at the site. We are working in smaller sizes. I'm in Asia now having several meetings regarding our hooks along with other things. We've made the move out of China to Korea and Japan (soon). We've been discussing smaller sizes and adding several other hooks to the line up. The smaller you go the harder they are to make and maintain quality.

We will add a new scud hook to the site next week as well.

Thank you

Justin

Posted on: 2013/8/4 2:07

From Norwich, CT
i just received an order of hooks from allen and i'll just say you better go over the invoice to ensure you receive the hooks you ordered.

after checking my invoice vs the bags of hooks i noticed that i did not receive some of the hooks i ordered (they were checked off by somebody), received a quantity of 2 when i only ordered 1 of one style of hook and received 3 bags of hooks i didnt even order.

good luck if you order hooks

Posted on: 2013/8/4 16:56

Normand,

Your error is definitely not the norm for our pick/packers. Three or Four years ago it might have been an issue when I was doing it all myself. Unfortunately, human errors do happen. Us and all companies try to limit those the best we can.

I can assure anyone who orders from us your order will be shipped on time with fast delivery, filled, and backed by our 7 day a week customer service.

Normand, if you want to email me at info@allenflyfishing.com I'll take care of it with Kyle to send you the missing hooks. We also have a phone number listed on the site if you prefer to contact us that way or we can contact you via phone with the number you have listed in your account.

Thank you,

Justin

Posted on: 2013/8/4 22:01

From Pittsburgh
I, and many others on this site, can testify to the great service Justin has provided... He will make it right for you!

Posted on: 2013/8/5 8:36

From Norwich, CT
i will send allen an email to see if things can get straightened out as i would like to order more hooks but i'm a little gun shy on trust.

if it can get worked out then there might be more orders.....we'll see. maybe ordering in small quantity of items might be better.

i will still say that you should ALWAY check the invoice for correctness of your order regardless of who you buy from online

Posted on: 2013/8/5 9:10

From Philadelphia
Quote:

nfrechet wrote:
i will send allen an email to see if things can get straightened out as i would like to order more hooks but i'm a little gun shy on trust.

if it can get worked out then there might be more orders.....we'll see. maybe ordering in small quantity of items might be better.

i will still say that you should ALWAY check the invoice for correctness of your order regardless of who you buy from online

Give the guy a chance. I think you will find that Allen is big on customer service and support. Where I have never had any issues with them, I have NO DOUBT they would make good on any issue if I ever had one. I plan to buy most of my hooks from them and was excited to see that smaller sizes are coming. I mean seriously, his hooks are quality, half the price of the other guys and free shipping. I know I'm not perfect and only hope that people give me a chance to correct my mistakes.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 19:13

From Norwich, CT
the only person that has to worry about my business is ME.

i have sent them an email like i said i would in my earlier post and i'll wait for a response from them and what their corrective measure will be. in the mean time theres no need for anybody who is satisfied to worry about it

Posted on: 2013/8/5 20:23

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

http://www.danica.com/flytier/nfrechette/nfrechette.htm

From Norwich, CT
all is well with my order thanks to the allen people straightening it out for me.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 7:14

From Souderton PA
Quote:

nfrechet wrote:
the only person that has to worry about my business is ME.

i have sent them an email like i said i would in my earlier post and i'll wait for a response from them and what their corrective measure will be. in the mean time theres no need for anybody who is satisfied to worry about it

I don't think Fox was worrying about your problem, just reassuring you and others on the forum that Allen has great customer service. I too buy all my hooks from Allen as I'm using up my TMC stock and will continue, the only exception being some classic Mustad hooks for historical reasons. Their product is good quality at a reasonable price, but it is their service that makes me a return customer. After all,when was the last time you saw a hook company jump in on a forum to correct a mishap?
Mike.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 7:16

From Norwich, CT
thank you for your concern

it was simply not knowing on my part that a new number designation replaced an older number designation. the invoice i received made no mention of changed number designations. all has been corrected

all is good with allen and i too will continue to buy hooks from them especially the barbless hooks.

this is not the only forum allen posts on as i have seen them on other forums

however with everything all cleared up, i will continue to check each and every invoice i receive from everybody i order from online. everybody should be aware of what they are receiving.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 9:14

From OH
Joining a chorus of tyers who are happy, allen will be adding smaller hooks.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 9:20

From Norwich, CT
i am happy to but was concerned.

just placed another $50+ order

hopefully smaller sizes are soon and out of stock sizes are replenished

Posted on: 2013/8/6 10:02

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com