A little more pink love

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

648cc49d51754d33982d7ab9d8604726_zps67fc77e1.jpg

Nice Jack.

GenCon

Thank Ya Mike. So far it would seem that Kevin's tungsten torpedo is effective in many color variations. Thought I'd see how this one goes.

lv2nymph:

Those look great as always. What hook model and size is that? Do you feel like the jig style hooks are any more effective? I have tied several dozen flies on jig style hooks but have not actually fished them that often.

I just went and bought some black Sulky thread last night for the express purpose of tying some Tungsten Torpedoes.

Thank you Tioga, I apreciate that. The hook is a umpqua c400bl #14. I'm not sure about jigs hooks being more effective but I feel they take on a different drift through a run. I tie a red fox squirrel nymph on a regular nymph hook and do well with them and I tied a few on a jig hook and for whatever reason I take more trout on the ones tied on a jig. I know that when a jig gets "stuck" on the bottom more times than not I can get them loose. I've noticed myself that I'm tying more and more on jig style hooks. The fact that they can be loosened when snagged is a huge factor for me.

Thanks for your thoughts...basically like most of life's solutions I just need to fish more to figure out whether jig hooks are for me or not.

I am in the process of tying the jog style flies now. I tried them last year. Heavy water and big rivers they work great. I will stick to bead heads and such for the smaller stuff though.

You can tie jigs down to 16 as well Charlie...

Nice Jack.

Thank you Bill

Great ties. I too have been playing with the jig hooks. Mostly with hares ear

Thank you Pa... appreciate it.

Back