2010 Summer Terrestrial Fly Swap

bjshaffr

bjshaffr

2010 Summer Terrestrial Fly Swap - Deadline for signups June 1, 2010.

1. In the fly swap participants will pick a pattern and tie one for each participant. I also recommend that you tie extras for this forums moderators JackM, Maurice, and afishinado, and one for Dave Kile who runs the PAFF site to show our appreciation for what they do. Please let us know which pattern you will be tying so we don't have repeats.

2. Deadline for sending flies will be July 1, 2010. Please let me know if anyone will not be able to meet this date so I can let all the participants know there will be a delay. I will try to send out all the flies by July 8, 2010 so try to respect the deadline.

3. I will return the flies in the container you send them in. A envelope with return postage is required. Please make sure you have the correct amount of postage on the return envelope. I will PM or Email all participants my mailing address when signups are complete.

4. Please provide recipe and instructions with you creations. Also as much info you have on the fly (use and history) would be nice.
Please email me the me all this info and anything else (pictures, etc.) so I can send them out to the participants.

5. Email me when the flies are in the mail and I will also let you know when I recieve them.

Thank you everyone who is participating.

Email: bjshaffr@yahoo.com

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

10 so far....

bjshaffr-foam flash beetle
flipnfly
gentleshepard
Alphabuck
njk3395
mike_richardson
boss_steb
jjsjigs
roygpa
whheff

i am undecided on what fly to tie. I am a descent tyer but normally focus on nymphs and buggers. I am thinking about doing a flying ant. Should I tie multiple sizes. since it is a relativley easy patern i am going to tie a few for each person. Should i try to pick a harder pattern.

It's all up to you what you want to do with it....it doesn't have to be difficult as long as it fools fish!

sounds good count me in with the flying ant in various sizes. Should i send you an email to get the mailing address. This is an awsome idea guys.

Count me in. I'll tie Kelly Galloup's Ant Acid. The fly is special to me, as it's the first fly I ever cast to a rising trout that I caught.

bjshaffr - foam flash beetle
flipnfly
gentleshepard
Alphabuck
njk3395
mike_richardson - flying ant
boss_steb
jjsjigs
roygpa
whheff
BelAirSteve - Kelly Galloup's Ant Acid

Hi bjshaffr, I will tie a ladybug for the swap.

I think I will have the time to do this...at present I am thinking of tying a royal wulff, good for everything (nymph indicator, dry fly, attractor, steel head...blah blah blah) and I have a cape that needs to be thinned out a bit.

oops...missed the word "Terrestrial" I will have to think about this...unless people want a royal wulff.

I'll tie some green inchworms!

Up to 12 now...looking good!

flipnfly -
gentleshepard - green inchworm
Alphabuck -
njk3395 -
boss_steb -
jjsjigs -
roygpa -
whheff - ladybug
flyfishingNZ -

I think I will try my hand at a hi-vis black ant

Put me down for cricket...i have been working on a foam head model...I will see how they come out...but I am good for a cricket...

Boss

BJ,

My screen name is actually gentleshepherd. Common mistake - notoverly offended, but if you want to tie me up an extra dozen for the mental anxiety this has caused, I would appreciate it! LOL!
Have a great weekend.

still undecided.. let you know tonight

Haha..sorry about the mental anguish I have caused you GENTLESHEPHERD. I will be more careful with spelling from now on.

flipnfly -
gentleshepherd - green inchworm
Alphabuck -
njk3395 -
boss_steb - cricket
jjsjigs -
roygpa -
whheff - ladybug
flyfishingNZ - high vis black ant