Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

the stoney creek river

From Somerset P.A.
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the stoney creek river. I have fished trout out of it by the glessner covered bridge for years, but apparently theres suppose to be good small mouth fishing after the Kantner bridge. I know nothing more than it says on "The stoney creeks" website that it is stocked with smallies after the kantner bridge, but I dont know of anybody who has fished there. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/7/17 7:19

Re: the stoney creek river

From Pittsburgh
I fished it once, quite a few years ago now.
Walked downstream a little ways into the gorge from that covered bridge. It's a nice looking stream there.
I found a few fish rising to a rather sparse hatch of cahills, if I remember correctly.
Caught what looked to be run of the mill stockers. I wasn't impressed by it enough to return, though

Posted on: 2013/7/17 7:51

From SW PA
I've not fished Stoney Ck in years. When I did, I fished from Rt 30 upstream. I did well on mostly small fish. But it was all dry flies, and no one around... I felt like somebody was gonna jump out of the bushes and arrest me.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 11:46

From Pittsburgh
It's a beautiful high-gradient stream from Glessner bridge down through the gorge. Fished it about a week ago, and caught a handful of small browns 6-8" and a few similar sized smallmouths on wets and dries. Looks like it should have more fish than I was able to find.

Posted on: 2013/7/29 19:08

From Johnstown, PA
Try BELOW Holsopple , take the dirt roads that run up and down the train tracks. There are many places where small springs empty in but you gotta find 'em.

Posted on: 2013/8/4 9:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com