Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

six penny berks co

From southeast pa
Im going to be doing a bunch of work on my dads house out that way over the next few weeks. I used to fish Hay Creek a bunch when I was younger. I did some searching around for some different water and found Six Penny. Seems to be a Class A stream. I do know where it is. We used to run around the woods around there, smoking things that teenagers smoke, but never fished it.

Does anyone have any experience fishing here? Im pretty new to fly fishing but I like to fish new water. Any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 6/18 21:14

Re: six penny berks co

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
It's been a few years, so this could be out of date.

The best area of it is public and posted. Bottom end of the park, and they don't let people in there due to proximity to an old quarry.

Above the road there are fish, but it's relatively low gradient, and thick in places with briary type vegetation. It's not an easy one to fish, but they are there and you can catch a few with a stealthy, measured approach.

I've never tried it below the park, so I dunno. I do know it runs near the road, and a house, just outside the park, and there are posted signs there.

Posted on: 6/19 9:48

From Northern VA
Personally, I wouldn't fish it this time of year, the brush is a nightmare. Late march-early May while the briars are still recovering from winter is the ideal time to fish the streams in the park.

Posted on: 6/19 13:47

From berks county
I fished it two weeks ago. Its very close quarters fishing but its doable from 345 upstream. Wear pants, the briars are terrible. Downstream is still all posted and ranger rick will love to nail you with trespassing ticket. Got me for "blocking" a hydrant when I wasn't. I've "heard" the fishing is good below 345. I've only fished around the park so I can't speak to below its boundaries.

Posted on: 6/20 14:22

From Gettysburg
This thread is a better fit with Stream Locations and will be moved shortly.
DaveW

Posted on: 6/20 20:00

From southeast pa
Sorry about that. I didn't know there was a place specifically for this type of thread. Thanks for the info.

Posted on: 6/22 23:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com