sandy or caldwell creek

Fishman12992

Fishman12992

Sandy or caldwell Creek which has more abundance of fish this time of the year?

I'm not very knowledgeable on Caldwell, I've only fished it once, but between it and Sandy I'd pick Caldwell. Last fall and this fall it got stocked with fingerlings, and from what I understand it is also half decent for wild fish(though they're not easy). There could be a few adult stockies left from the spring, not sure. The west branch may be worth a try for wild fish also.

Sandy gets warm in the summer, so I doubt very many if any trout are left from the spring. Little Sandy is another option. It has fingerling stocked fish, adult stockies(as of Sept there were a few left from the spring stockings), and wild fish.

Seeing where you're from, the Erie tribs have a good abundance of fish this time of year ;-) Oil's another option. And if you want to keep driving south on 79 you have Neshannock..

I'll try both tomorrow seeing that they aren't too far from each other. Oil has been very low lately and the fish are pretty spooked. I've read that little sandy isn't that great to fish in the ffo spots.

Went to little sandy saw a lot of fish but the stream was really brushy and made cast very difficult plus the water was very clear, no hook ups there. Later on we went to the main branch of Caldwell creek and did very well on bead head caddis which landed us five browns in 2 hour before the snow really started coming down. Maybe tomorrow afternoon we will try the west branch of Caldwell.

The largest one she caught today

Attachments

• 20131026_141211.jpeg
    20131026_141211.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 11
Here's a better picture.

Attachments

• 20131026_141211.jpeg
    20131026_141211.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 10
Your girlfriend goes fly fishing?

Marry her.

Glad you two got into some fish! Hard to tell from the pic, but do you think that was a wild fish, or a spring stocked fish?

None of the fins were damaged so my guess would be wild. The other 3 were stocked fingerling. Haha I didn't even want to to go out Saturday but she insist I should take her so I couldn't say no.

None of the fins were damaged so my guess would be wild. The other 3 were stocked fingerling. Haha I didn't even want to to go out Saturday but she insist I should take her so I couldn't say no.

The fish looks stocked.

Back