litle J this weekend

Ebrant10

Ebrant10

Im kicking around fishing the little j on sunday, but im half weary of temps, wondering if anyone else has been fishing recently and knows what its doing. I dont want to hurt any fish so if its to warm ill truck down the road to the juniata and fish for smallies. If anyone would want to meet up for Sunday afternoon to fish that would be awesome.

Evan

It'll be fine. Was there last weekend. No issues right now. Take advantage of it before the weather turns again.

Thanks for the info, Green weenies working?

PennKev wrote:
It'll be fine. Was there last weekend. No issues right now. Take advantage of it before the weather turns again.

Ditto. It'll fish just fine. If it should get hotter that what their calling for go early take a break then go late. There has been plenty of cooling rains and the air temps have been summer like but not outrageous. Have fun. We usually spend this week up at camp and hit the Huntingdon county fair with the Gkids and I fish the area hard but With the shoulder surgery I can't even use a fly swatter. I'm a little bummed. Good luck, have fun.

Thanks fiveweight, ill have my thermometer along to be sure, but the weather looks promising for the rest of the week so hopefully it will be good. Hope you heal quickly from your surgery and your back casting quickly.

Evan

Thanks Evan. It's gonna be a long road. Rotator cuff.... I'm into the physical therapy stage of things but, it's gonna take a little time. I've abused it for just shy of 53 years. I guess I can take a little time and heal up for a while. Maybe I'll be good to go for another 20 or so. Thanks again. Have fun. I usually start on the LJ at the parking lot at Barree and head up as far as I feel like. I just love that water. I am always amazed at the fish I catch there. As far as flies go. This time of year I usually hit um hard with hoppers, hornets, Terrestrials. Last time I was up it almost didn't matter what you threw at um they were eat'n damn near anything. On top and down below. I hope you have the same kind of day. Good luck.

Five weight there was an article a few years back by lefty kreh on how to adjust your cast to avoid using your shoulder or your elbow in fly fisherman maybe you should look into it

Yeah a friend of mine told me about that also. I do cast fair with my left arm and I'm sure I could get out and fish some of the smaller waters but, as far as the J or the LJ and bigger waters I worry about falling. It would suck to take a fall on the bank or in the water and have to fight my way to standing again with just my left arm with a fly rod in it. Yeah I know let go of the rod.... I'd have to be going down for the 3rd time for that to happen. I'll hold off a bit yet and let things heal up. Fall is coming. I'm think'n Spruce for starters. Thanks for the heads up on the Kreh article.

Back