indiana pa locations?

W

wetflytacoma

Out here for school and wondering if theyre any good streams and if any are year round for fly fishing?!

Also what flies to get ?!

My hometown. Go talk to Woody at the local fly shop. I think DKile is an IUP alum also...just saying maybe he could chime in?

Im going to have too! Hows his prices?

I believe his prices are typical, not great, but not ridiculously high. Its been awhile since I've been back home and visited the shop.

PM sent.

I attend IUP, and I recommend you come to one of the fishing club meetings. We have plenty of places very close that offer great fishing. PM me if you have any questions or would like to meet up.

Hit indiana angler. (Woody). I was just over there tonite. His prices are pretty decent and a decent basic selection. He can get just about anything, he just doesnt stock a huge amount of things. As far as places, theres actually a fair amount of good fishing pretty close to town, within an hours drive opens up a ton more.

Anyone wanna hit the creeks friday? Im super rusty haha

I would but im 5 hrs away. Grew up there, and moved away...go check out two lick creek. Above 119.

I hope any of you guys from IUP were not on the evening news today. Booze makes even smart people stupid.

I saw that about IUP's "Drinking Day". It reminded me of "State Patty's Day" before the school started cracking down.

Haha i wasnt envolved, but i was on two lick yeaterday with no luck

IUP got all fancy with their new dorms and buildings. I remember football camp, staying in the dorms right next to the stadium. They were crap holes. The drinking day thing is crazy, but i remember fights between entire teams against slippery rock!

Shame about two lick...do a search for a stream report. Last time i checked it gave a stocking report on one of the websites found.

Haha i wasnt envolved, but i was on two lick yeaterday with no luck

I fished it yesterday too and didn't have much luck either, hooked 1 fish. Only fisherman i saw were a couple spin guys down near Homer City. Saw BWO's, tan caddis, and lots of midges, but not enough to really get the fish going.

Hey wetfly,
I just joined the forum and came across all of this. I just got off Two Lick from being out all morning, waters still moving pretty good. I run the fishing club here at IUP, what Weible1 referred to. We are working with the the Trout Unlimited Ken Sink Chapter and FLW. 3 of us helped stock Two Lick the other day also. We are very involved. If you are interested in joining, feel free to shoot me a pm.

In response to an earlier post: both Woody Banks (Indiana Angler) and Dave Kile (Pa. flyfish) are distinguished alumni of I.U.P., and know each other well. Also, Woody has an excellent fly shop in Indiana, lots of equipment, tying materials, waders, etc....and all top quality stuff. He is also well versed on fishing the local streams and will provide some interesting insights on how and where to fish them. He has also traveled to fish streams throughout the U.S., as well.

In addition to Dave, there are lots of IUP grads on the board. I'm one of them.

Back