HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: indiana pa locations?

From cambria county
Quote:
Haha i wasnt envolved, but i was on two lick yeaterday with no luck

I fished it yesterday too and didn't have much luck either, hooked 1 fish. Only fisherman i saw were a couple spin guys down near Homer City. Saw BWO's, tan caddis, and lots of midges, but not enough to really get the fish going.

Posted on: 3/12 22:24

Hey wetfly,
I just joined the forum and came across all of this. I just got off Two Lick from being out all morning, waters still moving pretty good. I run the fishing club here at IUP, what Weible1 referred to. We are working with the the Trout Unlimited Ken Sink Chapter and FLW. 3 of us helped stock Two Lick the other day also. We are very involved. If you are interested in joining, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Posted on: 3/16 15:07

In response to an earlier post: both Woody Banks (Indiana Angler) and Dave Kile (Pa. flyfish) are distinguished alumni of I.U.P., and know each other well. Also, Woody has an excellent fly shop in Indiana, lots of equipment, tying materials, waders, etc....and all top quality stuff. He is also well versed on fishing the local streams and will provide some interesting insights on how and where to fish them. He has also traveled to fish streams throughout the U.S., as well.

Posted on: 3/17 12:45

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
In addition to Dave, there are lots of IUP grads on the board. I'm one of them.

Posted on: 3/17 15:03

Me too !

Posted on: 3/20 20:47

Webmaster
Sorry really late on this one. Yep was at IUP back in the day and couldn't agree more about checking in with Woody at Indiana Angler.

A little further out it isn't hard to find Little Mahoning Creek. Cut my teeth out that way and enjoyed a lot of time with Ron Kolman fly fishing there. Really have not been there in a long time and couldn't say how it has been lately. I would put it on my list to go check it out.

Posted on: 3/31 20:27

From Coopersburg
Even if the Little Mahoning fly project is "poached out", its still an awesome stream to be. Pack a lunch, bring a camera, and don't worry about catching fish...it speaks for itself.

Posted on: 3/31 22:26

Im going to hit two lick up tomorrow and walk up pretty far from 119

Posted on: 4/2 19:39

From Coopersburg
Nice, there is good water up that way. look for overhead power lines...then keep walking.

Posted on: 4/2 19:43

If i jump off 119 at the bend, walk up around then bend aways how far do you think i should go?

Posted on: 4/2 21:22

From Coopersburg
Go as far as you like. Theres no honey hole with 38" tiger trout swimming around, but as far as fishing goes the further off the beaten path, the better. Ill be visiting over easter weekend and thinking about hittin up twolick

Posted on: 4/2 22:02

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

wetflytacoma wrote:

You might want to check the regulations before you do that.
Last I knew, two lick is an ATW - which means it's currently closed to fishing until opening day

Posted on: 4/2 23:59

From New Castle, PA
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:
Quote:

wetflytacoma wrote:

Last I knew, two lick is an ATW - which means it's currently closed to fishing until opening day

Two Lick itself is not an ATW, but South Branch Two Lick Creek is, SBTL flows into Two Lick above the reservoir.

Posted on: 4/3 6:08

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

PennKev wrote:
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:
Quote:

wetflytacoma wrote:

Two Lick itself is not an ATW, but South Branch Two Lick Creek is, SBTL flows into Two Lick above the reservoir.

Yeah - I wasn't sure of they stocked the main stem of two lick or not.

Even at that though , I would still consider it a gray area. In our annual "what's legal to fish before opening day" thread, Mike stated that any part of a stream with the same name, and in the same county is off limits to to fishing before opening day - even if said part just abuts the section that's stocked.
I guess you could argue that the north branch, south branch, and main stem have different names. On the other hand though, they're all part of two lick creek

Posted on: 4/3 9:00

From Pittsburgh, PA
Twolick below the dam is not stocked at all by PFBC. The Stream is stocked privately. Fish are not to be kept. There is absolutely no regulation by PFBC.
The story goes - or so I've heard - the lake is maintained as a private recreational lake. They do not committ to any type of dam release schedule as their main focus is keeping the lake at appropriate levels for boating/skiing/tubing. Due to the lack of cooperation PFBC said F*U* with regards to stocking trout and in my opinion the stream is better off for it.

Posted on: 4/3 16:54

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (27)
Who cares? It beats work. 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com