Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

hunlock creek off susky in luzerne county

From Glen Lyon
i live near hunlock creek since i was a little kid and not ever think to fish it until now that i start to really like to trout fish with fly rod and now i look at every creek and wonder if there are trouts in it so i fish hunlock creek today in this afternoon on way home after i finish a 3 day roofing job and gone to try my fly rod I just got yesterday. I caught 4 trouts and some smallies and the big trout was a 20inch brown trout and was caught just near where hunlock creek goes under rt11. i was not sure if creek would hold any fish and begin fishing about maybe 300 yards above rt11 and lost my hare ear nymph 1 time and was hoping for any thing to hit and when i got down under rt11 i cast a hare ear nymph on thingabob to drift down middleof creek and see thingabob go under and i pull up rod to hook fish and i know i hook something good and when rod bend down and fish take off I think big smallie but it was not and was suprised when it was a big brown trout. i want to catch him but i watch him swim away before i could net him but at least i know where he is and I will go back and get him next time hopefully tomorow. i get all my fish from rt11 down to susky.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 23:32

Re: hunlock creek off susky in luzerne county

From LV
Yes Hunlock Creek is a trout stream, and up further in an SGL there is a beautiful waterfall.
Welcome to the board, but try a little punctuation. Even if it's wrong it makes things easier to read. :)

Posted on: 2012/8/17 19:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com