hay creek

paphishin89

paphishin89

im new to the forum and relatively new to fly fishing. the other day i decided to try and fish haycreek for the first time this year. i saw another guy with his fly rod and a black lab so i thought things looked promising. unfortunately i got a nice skunking right before it rained. just wanted to know if anyone has had any good luck winter fishing haycreek. cheers!

which Hay creek, what county? what time? what was the water temp? was the water high? was it low? alot of variables ...can you be more specific?

hay creek in berks county on the closed section of 82. its was around 1pm to 230pm water was average level and clear. dont know water temp i was just wondering if many people have luck down there because it looks like it has some nice fishy areas

I was at hays creek back in October after the stocking. I didn't get a catch but then again I was brand spanking new to trout. My buddy hit the stream a good couple of times after the stocking and got maybe 3 max. The Tully is a better location if you want to fish browns and rainbows, you will have great success there. As far as what to use, I've actually been having very good success beading, but for flys I've caught trout with san juans, green weenies, and glo bugs

That was me you saw upstream from you down in the "canyon". I think once that front came through things really slowed down. I had two nice little wild browns upstream around the private bridge on egg patterns and lost a couple as well. If you head down toward the quarry ph. tail fished off a bead head have also been producing some stockers.

thanks for the replies i live right down the street and hardly ever go there ive just been bored with hittin the tully everyday. glad to hear fish are being pulled out of there still. polky thanks for the tip i really liked the look of that water ill have to check the bride out

Back