Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: green lane reservoir boat quarantine?

From East Greenville, PA
yea its posted heavily from the old train bridge upstream to the dam....

Posted on: 2013/6/5 8:40

From Red Hill, Montgomery County, Pa
I believe that in this day and age with terrorism being a threat every where and the dam being a potential target that the posting is strictly enforced. Evidently a failure to the dam would put the population down stream under several feet of water. I am told that there are now cameras below the dam.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 12:11

From barto PA
Yea that's what I heard too. Helicopters scrambled and all that. Guess it's mousin for browns after dark only ;) Kidding of course. Might try and get away with fishin it where the macoby meets up or something though.

Funny sidenote: I work in a print finishing shop local. I came into work today and my manager was running one of our smaller machines putting numbers on the rental slips for the green lane res boat rentals.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 13:25

From Harrisburg
The good ol days.
Used to sneak up to that dam as a kid. Water comes out very cold and the would be a crap-ton of trout there. You could see them swimming into the shutes the water would come out of.
Plus big channels and pike.
I too would catch 5lb largemouth in the lake, but my buddy used to work there and we would go to the inaccessable section. :)

Posted on: 2013/6/6 5:59

From barto PA
I'd never risk in now but just out of curiosity I often wonder what kind of astronomical fine they'd throw at you if they caught you just fishing down there. Kinda sad we now live in times like this.

Being of a younger generation I kinda wish I could have grown up hunting and fishing in like the 1950s.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 13:34

From Southeast Pa
I bet a state record of some species is near that dam oh ive thought about it a trillion times but with the cameras and barbed wire fences I cant toss a line in there just makes for a great story though green lane has always kept good fish stories coming for me

Posted on: 2013/6/6 19:11

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com