Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: grannoms???

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
The big hole behind the shop on the Neshannock is horrible for the caddis. You want faster water. I hit a hole not too far down that I saw consistent risers all day in about a 30 yard stretch. They typically hatch from the faster water and they lay their eggs there too.

Posted on: 4/28 12:54

From lower burrell, pa
I was there too, hatch was coming off nicely, like all have said. In the morning they were filming some reality show for some country network, they had guys almost elbow to elbow behaving the shop. They filmed for a couple hours and I saw a couple guys get fish subsurface.
Ryan I was fishing where you were talking about, the only risers were chubs. I fished from right above the bridge down to about 1/3rd of a mile. Talked to one guy that picked up a brown on top.
I fished a dry dropper and took a creeck chub on the dropper

Posted on: 4/28 13:43

I guess we'll have to do a newbie JAM there next year so I can show you guys the way! Downstream approach with some skittering works magically, just ask flipnfly.

Posted on: 4/28 17:10

From Ohio
Quote:

ryguyfi wrote:
I hit a hole not too far down that I saw consistent risers all day in about a 30 yard stretch. They typically hatch from the faster water and they lay their eggs there too.

Was this on Friday when you fished it, or did you fish it another time after that?

They were rising everywhere on Friday when I fished it. Even though I only landed 5 or so on top I hooked and missed tons of others. Lots of action. Now on Saturday even though it was pretty much snowing with caddis I saw very, very few rises all day everywhere I went. They just weren't having it no matter how much you were skittering the fly!lol Now subsurface was a different story....

I've caught my share of fish on caddis dries in the slow pool behind the shop in the past, but yep when fishing caddis you definitely want to target the faster water 90% of the time.

Posted on: 4/28 17:36

From lower burrell, pa
I know Ry was there Friday because I was going to meet him. Didn't go due to radar (don't trust that) But was glad I didn't go because my "wife" had car problems and had to take care of that. Anyhow, right before I left I was hanging behind the shop and Bob's brother was slaying fish on a prince nymph, saw him hook into 8 or 10. The guy right above him was drifting his rig all the way below him with not allot of luck. Reminded me of stream etiquette GG and I saw at the Steelhead Jam. LOL

Posted on: 4/28 18:26

Friday they were rising in the rain showers pretty consistently. Even when the showers chased us under the bridge we were picking out a few risers here and there. It sprinkled or a steady light rain on us the whole day and the fish were very active.

Posted on: 4/28 21:47

From Ohio
Yeah, and there were still risers even during the really heavy downpours that went through Friday! Just found it odd that there was virtually no topwater action Saturday despite all the bugs..

Posted on: 4/29 6:54

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com