Re: favorite fishing waters

From Schuylkill County
Paul, that was funny.....

Penns creek for me......

Posted on: 2013/3/25 17:50
if you look at it right...

From Boilingsprings
We seem to have a good grouping of streams so how about your favorite way and or fly to fish them. Example: Yellowbreeches, swinging sulphur colored wets before and during the hatch. I like to have a pheasant tail nymph for my point fly.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 16:57

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I like fishing a size 8-10 2xl Isosaurus comparadun on top on the Delaware, Cdc and elk for grannoms on Penns, Sulphur Hackle Stacker up top all summer long on my small tailwater, Drunella Cornuta emergers on my big tailwater, and a Packing Peanut Popper up top during the summer for Smb.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 21:38

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Erie, PA
Aside from steelheading in Erie as I live on the creek, Oil creek is my go-to stream. Love that place, cant get enough of it.

Posted on: 2013/3/28 6:28

From Gettysburg
Quote:

addictedangler wrote:
We seem to have a good grouping of streams so how about your favorite way and or fly to fish them.

For the Potomac in summer......would be the evening popper bite. I like to get up on a car sized boulder with 360 view and double haul a pencil popper as far as I can and just strip it back fast. Sometimes you'll get multiple strikes in a single retrieve.

As I've mentioned more than once on this forum - in recent years it seems to me that this summer popper bite has diminished on all the rivers I fish and nowadays I get more bass with nymphs and streamers. A close second would be deep streamer fishing for pre-spawn bass in March/April (this year, the early bass season just doesn't seem to want to start).

Posted on: 2013/3/28 8:36

From Harrisburg PA
My favorite is the next one. Don't care what I am fishing for, where or how as long as I am fishing.

Posted on: 2013/3/28 9:41

From Camp Hill, PA
Clarks, Yellow Breeches (in places other than where it's absolutely crowded), CV Limestoners. But I'm quickly becoming fond of the State College streams, but it takes about 1.5-2 hours to reach them.

Posted on: 2013/3/28 10:05

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Well, my favorite type of outing is a small, woodsy, freestone brookie stream. There's many of them, and the best are the one's I haven't fished yet!

On bigger streams that I'm willing to name. Penns. It still has that woodsy feeling like a small stream does. But it has it all. Bigger water, bigger fish, hatches, technical fishing, wild fish. The LJR in the gorge is in this category as well.

Posted on: 2013/3/28 11:35

From Pine Grove
Clark's, Letort, Spring, and as Paul said, FPC. Swatty if I want to walk to the creek or drink beer in my buddy's yard.

Boyer

Posted on: 2013/3/30 8:37

From Johnstown, PA
PaulG..........How r You doin , i almost forgot about Clarks , been out west here so long and haven't fished there in 10 years. The way i'd want to respond to this question though is that any , no matter how small or large , a peice of water that catches my eye , usually while driving either myself or as a passenger , and then to return later to further my investigation , for me half the fun is the scouting/discovery part. So.......my answer is any new water that looks like it might have potential and then finding out that it does.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 7:02

From Lancaster, Pa
Anybody have favorites within an hour of Lancaster city ? I do not mind hiking or blazing a trail at all. And I have the GPS guide but it shows everything under the sun and some of the marked locations are someones backyard with no water in sight. Looking for any help in this area... Feel free to PM me if you do not wish to post openly.
Also willing to meet someone for tips and fishing need all the help I can get.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 7:28

From Enola, Pa.

osprey

Anytime you would like to come East and fish where the good fishing is. I've been feeling pretty good lately, so come on over and we will do some fishin, maybe if I stay healthy I'll be able to use some of those flies you sent me. I have an extra bedroom so you can stay here.

PaulG

Posted on: 2013/4/1 14:46

From Johnstown, PA
i will make it out to Clarks at least one more time. Man i loved fishing down in there. Thanks for the offer bud , god bless ya.

Posted on: 2013/4/2 8:38

From pulaski, va
I seem to like the same spots everyone else does. For me, it's a non secretive TN tailwater. I've spent countless time and hours finding a replacement. There are a few go to quiet spots when #1 is blown out, but I like ole' reliable.

In the spring/fall for steelies, it's upstate NY SR.

In PA, I'm a rookie still, but when I am/was there LL, Tully, YB, D come to mind. Anywhere I can wet a line and have a chance at a trout is my favorite.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 0:48

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

GreenWeenie wrote:
My favorite place is wherever everybody isn't.
This ^

Posted on: 2013/4/15 5:51

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com