Yellow Creek , Bedford Co

Acristickid

Acristickid

Fished Yellow on Thursday.

I had not been to Yellow since June- the section directly above the project is now posted. First time I saw that.

Anyone know what happened there?

Creek is very low and clear btw.

IDK, but there are no trespassing signs right at the wire at the top end of the project. Have to do a recon from the restaurant downstream.

I don't know as I haven't fished Yellow Creek in years, but the last I heard- "The Beav" aka Donnie Beaver, was trying to acquire property along Yellow Creek so he could stock it full of pelletheads. Sounds like he may have been successful?

I always thought the Beaver water is below the project water...maybe the great central PA land barren has acquired more

Spring Ridge, aka Home Waters, aka evil empire boasts the following....

Spruce Creek
Yellow Creek
Penns Crick
Elk & Twenty Mile for chrome domes
Eagle & Piney Rivers in Colorado

The evil empire has existed on yellow... This new posting would be an expansion if it is them...

Well, they are preserving it for future generations but only if those generations have 100k of disposable income. LOL

These posted signs do not look like the SRC signs.
I'll ask Fred next time I see him out there.

Is it possible the landowner just posted for hunting season? Maybe that's wishful thinking.

Well one could hope. I have fished there over 10 years never saw it posted before. Not sure if there are posted signs from the New Frontier Resturant heading downstream. The state stocks that part.

I have never really post about yellow because all the property is all private property. Hope it wasn't a hilljack that messed with his fences or cattle or gave him lip.

Fayettenamese invading areas to the east causing problems?

krayfish2 wrote:
Fayettenamese invading areas to the east causing problems?

I tried not to laugh at that, but couldn't stop it.

Last time I talked to Fred out there - a few years ago now - he told me that SRC was moving out of yellow creek. And that at least one of the areas he had leased - immediately below the bridge on yellow creek road - was now open to the public again.
So, I kinda doubt that they're the ones who posted the section above the FFO area.

I have to drive from Philly to Pittsburg for work first week of November and was looking to break up the drive and fish. Someone recommended Yellow creek at Bedford. Is there access? Or do you have any other suggestions. I'm not trying to get too far off the turnpike. Could use some advice. It's a far drive and I'm trying give it a silver lining.

boogeyklat wrote:
I have to drive from Philly to Pittsburg for work first week of November and was looking to break up the drive and fish. Someone recommended Yellow creek at Bedford. Is there access? Or do you have any other suggestions. I'm not trying to get too far off the turnpike. Could use some advice. It's a far drive and I'm trying give it a silver lining.

it's about a 30 minute drive from the Bedford exit of the turnpike. Need to get on route 30 to Everett, then pickup route 26 north from there.
In spite of a few posted areas, there is still plenty of public access.
The FFO area is the most popular stretch. But the rest of the stream isn't too shabby either. It holds wild trout throughout.

Bill ( dryflyguy ) is right Yellow Creek is a very good option I think your best option on your route. I f you get off the Turnpike at the Breezewood exit take rt 30 west to rt 26 it will save a little time.

albud1962 wrote:
List of Class A removed from Stocking

Could be because of the above link.

There is only one stream section on that list scheduled for ending of stocking, and that is on Martins Creek.

The other streams on the list, including Yellow Creek, are going to be on the Class A But Stocked list.

Note the green shading, and note at the bottom of the document.

I guess I got conflicting information from one of the commissioners the other night. I was under the impression that they were going to cease stocking on all of the streams on the list. It is supposed to be discussed at the January 15th meeting. While taking Martin's off the list is an accomplishment, taking all the streams off would be significant and meaningful. I have been wrong many times before, hope I am not this time.

Back