White Deer Creek

M

Mtnstream

I have read in some old guide books that this is a good brookie stream. Is this a brushy flat stream, or mountain stream with good grade? I know this is a fairly long stream and does receive hatchery fish in spots, so any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

It is more of a brushy flat stream than a typical high gradient mountain stream. It's been over 10 years since I last fished there so things may have changed since I last fished there. I mainly used to fish the FFO area. It was stocked Browns and Brookies. I did catch some wild Brookies and even a few wild Browns, but they were mainly small. The hatches were decent for a stream of that type and the fish seemed to rise well to attractors. I used to fish it in early to mid June. I always found it an enjoyable stream to fish and a nice diversion from Penns or Big Fishing.

Tom

Here's the rub in the C&R area, this year they began only stocking fingerlings in October. We caught nothing but small fish this year but you will catch some wild brookies.

I'm heading to North Central PA this weekend to fish with my father, brother and nephew. (Leaving tomorrow) My family has a place around Loganton and I was considering White Deer Creek as new place to explore. If I fish there, I will post my findings.

Don

Since you are going to be staying close by, I would say that it is worth trying. You can get to the stream by taking McCall Dam Road south from Eastville. You can get to Eastville by going east on 880 from Loganton.

Back