White Clay Creek

P

pmelle

I'd like to try White Clay Creek this weekend. Any advice on locations and flies that are good this time of year, all advice is welcome. Thanks

I fished there earlier this week with out any luck. I'm not new to fishing but very new to fly fishing. I would also be interested in any feed back on this location.

Went down off Goodhope rd on Saturday morning only saw a few Trout but did get to land a very nice Brown.

If you look at the USGS site you can see how it has been effected by the current drought; slightly over 1/2 of median flow. The coming rain should help some, hopefully some of it will sink in. There is a lot of good water on White Clay but sometimes you half to walk a ways. Most of the better water is not in the regs section, IMO. I would try small bead heads 14-16, and San Juan worms if the water gets really charged. If you are really desperate I suppose you could fish and egg or a Green Weenie.

Van_Cleaver Thanks for the tip on the USGS site never really knew about that site. Looks like lots of good info there. I also see what you mean it says it at 66.67% as of yesterday.

Caught three Browns today. There are a few fish around.

Back