Where do I go....SC Pa????

F

Fishwagen

I currently have a "float" trip planned for the Potomac on day this weekend, however that may not happen due to others backing out.

So having said that I am starting to shift to "Plan B"...

Would appreciate suggestions from anyone on good spots for Smallies that I can wade. I could do Trout as well (but my skills may not be up to that just yet) I have all day Saturday to myself and don't want to waste it.

Not asking for anyone's "hot spot" just looking for stream recommendations and best access points. Exploring is half the fun. Have ventured into SC Pa a little but still learning the territory.

Thanks, FW

Fishwagen wrote:
I currently have a "float" trip planned for the Potomac on day this weekend, however that may not happen due to others backing out.

Why not wade the Potomac? Most of my fishing on this great river is by wading. Water levels are very low and perfect for the foot bound river angler this week.

I just may do that...I only have been out wading once on the potomac. Any places you like better than others?

The section between dam 4 down to Harper's Ferry is where I usually fish. I just checked the USGS gage height and the river has risen in the last couple days to 4' at the Hancock gage. This is higher than I thought (must have been more rain west of here). Ideally, levels under 4' are better for wading and levels below about 3.5' are best. Might want to keep an eye on water levels.

Potomac Levels

Back