Westbranch resort on the Delaware

atlantisboy911

atlantisboy911

Looking for some advice from anyone that has stayed at this resort and fished this stretch please.

I am going up May 22nd for 5 days and would like to tie up some patterns so if you have advice as far as what might be hatching and specific patterns I would greatly appreciate it.

Also any advice as far actually fishing the stretch would be great too.Thanks in advance.

I have stayed there back in 2007 and their stretch of water is very nice. It is hard to say right now what would be hatching in may because of weather and flows, but I would have sulphurs in 14, 16, 18. All sizes of olives. March browns size 10 2xL, grey fox size 14, Iso size 8 2xL and 10 2xL, a caddis selection.

Take just about everything you have that is close to bug week there you could see about anything.

Nice avatar is that your dobe? I have 1 as well.

Thanks for the advice Mc yes that is one of my Dobes, I have many as I am a breeder :)

CICADAS!!!!

You have been PM'd.

They have made some serious improvements to the place recently and cabins are really nice

There is a loaded fly shop on the property

I am the manager of a lodge not far from there. That stretch of water is excellent, as is the river at Hale Eddy. West Branch's fly shop just re-stocked with all their latest offerings so if you forget anything you'll certainly find it there!

Thanks for the responses everyone its much appreciated and a special thanks to Krayfish.

No problem. Hope you hit some good hatches and maybe I'll see you up there.

Below is a pretty comprehensive hatch chart for the Upper D from The Delaware River Club. Link: http://thedelawareriverclub.com/hatch-chart/

The hatches are fairly predictable, but fishing conditions can vary quite a bit. Keep checking in as your trip nears.

One thing to remember, never get locked in on a certain area to fish, you really have to go with the flow.

Good luck

Attachments

• Hatch-Chart2.jpg
    Hatch-Chart2.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 5
Emailed plenty of patterns for ya to tie. Enough to keep you busy tying for months. Lol.

I stayed there. Beautiful place to stay. I could not have been happier with the cabin. Now the cabin and the fly shop are pretty expensive but the employess are great guys. I did not fish that water as we floated both days I was there. But there were rising trout everywhere when we got there.

isn't May a little early for Cicadas on the WB?

The restaurant upstairs advertises a new minute and the bar downstairs is comfortable. I stay at the DRC, but have floated by there a few times. Great water. Bring sulphers. Like the DRC, their shop actually has what's on the water, not just what they're tying in Kenya. If you don't catch big fish it isn't the river.

JohnPowers wrote:
The restaurant upstairs advertises a new minute and the bar downstairs is comfortable. I stay at the DRC, but have floated by there a few times. Great water. Bring sulphers. Like the DRC, their shop actually has what's on the water, not just what they're tying in Kenya. If you don't catch big fish it isn't the river.

I like that. :cool: :pint:

Back