Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: WB Fishing Creek

From Mont Co, Pa
I fished Elk Run about 9 or 10 years ago. I remember the stream running over sheer rock for a ways, just up from those camps.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 22:28

From NEPA
wildtrout,
If you haven't been up that way in 10 years you wont even recognize it any more.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 23:18

Quote:

bstone97 wrote:
wildtrout,
If you haven't been up that way in 10 years you wont even recognize it any more.

When you say won't recognize it anymore, what sorts of changes are you referring to? What sorts of changes have you seen?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 10:15

From NEPA
The flooding the last couple of years have done a number on it. There are spots up on the gamelands that the whole valley washed out, looks like a bomb went off. A lot of the small feeder streams completely changed their courses. And on top of it all there is now a gas well going up on top of the mountain on the private property thats surrounded by the gamelands. I plan on fishing it this year so i can keep you posted on what i learn and see.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 13:28

From LV
You know I've read all the posts and I remember several other threads about Fishing Creek and WB. It seems there's a very volitile population in this drainage, and remember quit well in the early days of the message board a long thread about Fishing Creek and Whatis wrong with it. It's in an area that is very steep, running off the Allegheny Plateau, which is also very infertile, so it changes every year.
Since about t'05 there have been many floods in the region and things get really screwed up for a period of time, then settle down again. Hopefully they'll be settled down for a while again. Someone needs to work on the acidity thing and figure our what's causing it.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 14:50

I wonder if anyone surveyed Fishing Creek in SGL 13 before this fracking gets going all around it. I think the Game Commission is sinking wells on that 45, 000 acres, I heard they had seismic testing done and they ripped the hell out of the trees in there(gashes in trunks from equipment). Don't know who owns all the mineral rights.

That tract of 13/57/Ricketts Glen is around 100k acres, it would be a criminal event if all that gets destroyed.

There is a reason why we have no new nuclear power builds and this is it.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 17:14

From NEPA
According to the nice Game Commission officer I spoke with, there will be no gas wells on SGL 13. But that there will be wells on private property and those wells will be drilling under the SGL 13. I know a couple locals up in Elk Grove and they aren't happy with all the new truck traffic and dust that now covers their house.

Posted on: 2013/3/27 6:54

From LV
Quote:

BeastBrown wrote:
I wonder if anyone surveyed Fishing Creek in SGL 13 before this fracking gets going all around it. I think the Game Commission is sinking wells on that 45, 000 acres, I heard they had seismic testing done and they ripped the hell out of the trees in there(gashes in trunks from equipment). Don't know who owns all the mineral rights.

That tract of 13/57/Ricketts Glen is around 100k acres, it would be a criminal event if all that gets destroyed.

There is a reason why we have no new nuclear power builds and this is it.

See post # 11.

Posted on: 2013/3/27 22:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com