Unassessed Waters Initiative

Beautiful video both visually and in sentiment. I saw this one a while ago, but it's certainly worth viewing again. Thanks for sharing.

I will again put out the following request: If you know of any wild trout streams in SE Pa that are not on the wild trout streams list OR do not flow into a stream that is already on the list, I would appreciate your consideration in sharing that knowledge with me. For reference, Sarce or Chaz may be able to tell you if doing so in the past has caused them any regrets.
mkaufmann@pa.gov 610-847-2442

^my only regrets about some streams was not saying something sooner. I appreciate Mike making himself available through this forum, otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought to reach out.

Always worth repeating that these places cannot receive adequate protection if the state doesn't know about them. Development will threaten them far more than being added to a list with thousands of other streams.

From having spent several summers as an intern performing unassessed waters sampling, it was amazing some of the places that we found fish! That experience truly helped shape my career, I often wonder where I would have ended up without the experience and connections that were made during that time.

There will be a presentation on this at Thursday's Valley Forge TU General Meeting.

Looking forward to the presentation.

Rob Shane, TU Mid-Atlantic Organizer will be presenting at the VFTU meeting on the Unassessed waters initiative tonight 11/8 @7:30. All are welcome!! Pete
Location: Chester Valley Grange, 3285 Phoenixville Pike, Malvern, PA 19355

Anyone want to pre game it? Here early and bored, lol.

Thanks, will see it Monday. Will continue to do unassessed waters surveys this fall until the streams ice up or until we need to pull out of the field because of time needed to prep reports that will be due in January. Documented another wild trout stream in York Co this past week, but struck out on two Lancaster Co streams last week.

Back