Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 (2)


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11463
Offline
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
The point everyone but you missed. Post such messages on an open forum is ridiculous, because it really isn't what the forum is about.


Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Is this stream on public land? If so WHY is it so important to not name it, you're not man enough to take heat from a couple of A-holes that think you shouldn't name any stream?
If it's on private land why even post it?


I'd like to go in there and check out some really great brook trout fishing, and this one sounds great.

Quote:

Chaz wrote:
And another thing I'm more than willing to share info with anyone that asks, but only in a pm.


I'm asking, PM me please.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 14:32
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/9 19:16
From Dallastown, PA
Posts: 7164
Offline
I think the way it works gary is if you want the info you pm him for it. and if he feels you are worthy he will share. At least thats my understanding of how secret spot burning works. You can't demand it openly even with sugar on top.

Posted on: 2013/7/19 17:55
_________________
Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2006/12/29 10:00
From Harrisburg
Posts: 2013
Offline
He knows.
But when someone else leaves the ladle in the pot, I've never known him to resist the urge to go stir it a little.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 11:11
_________________
Resized Image


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2012/10/24 19:22
From Landenberg, PA
Posts: 1736
Offline
wow look at the tail on that thing !

Posted on: 2013/7/20 19:24
_________________
nowhere is so sweet, as the bosom of the vale where the bright waters meet.


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11463
Offline
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
I think the way it works gary is if you want the info you pm him for it. and if he feels you are worthy he will share. At least thats my understanding of how secret spot burning works. You can't demand it openly even with sugar on top.



Mo,

I gotta say, I'm kinda confused.. I mean...

Quote:

Chaz wrote:
I don't name streams because guys that make all these posts about streams they've fished and refuse to name streams don't deserve info from me.


That's why I won't share anything, its clearly everyone else's fault.

Why, with that said, I've only stopped sharing stream names recently because of the lack of cooperation on the board. For the first 16 7.5 years this board has been online part of my regular reading I shared freely.

(that's more Chaz-isms, btw).

Anyways, I'm still waiting for my PM. I asked nicely, according to his rules, that's what was required.

Quote:

Squaretail wrote:
But when someone else leaves the ladle in the pot, I've never known him to resist the urge to go stir it a little


I don't know what you're talking about..? I'm just trying to return the forum to open communication where people will gladly share informaiton back and forth. Heck, back in ye olde days, when Little_Lehigh and I were fresh faced users here with nary a chip on our shoulders or a grudge to hold used to ask one of the sage elders of the greater Lehigh Valley on some local advice, and he would always freely and with great gusto encourage us to explore and fish after a storm.

Because, y'know, people used to share so much more before those tight lipped guys showed up and ruined everything.

I'll wait for the PM, Chaz. Thanks for being helpful!

(also, Squaretail, one of the highlights of past jams was witnessing your dogs bark endlessly at fish, and I've been denied me that two years running now, and i'm kinda sad)




Posted on: 2013/7/22 11:26
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2010/11/5 14:26
From Albrightsville, PA
Posts: 1449
Offline
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
I went fishing yesterday on a stream I've been wanting to fish for years. It runs a long way through back country and is an AMD victim that is recovering. The stream may even be a Class A stream, and was surveyed for the first time last year.
I've included a few pics.


Nice fish Chaz! Very healthy looking. Let me know when you've completed fishing all the streams in PA. Man you know where to find em.




Posted on: 2013/7/22 11:56


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2006/9/13 10:18
From LV
Posts: 7977
Offline
Quote:

PoconoPaul wrote:
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
I went fishing yesterday on a stream I've been wanting to fish for years. It runs a long way through back country and is an AMD victim that is recovering. The stream may even be a Class A stream, and was surveyed for the first time last year.
I've included a few pics.


Nice fish Chaz! Very healthy looking. Let me know when you've completed fishing all the streams in PA. Man you know where to find em.


Some of it is luck; some of it is knowing where to look. Iwouldn't send anyone there along though, I don't usually have trouble wading but on this day I went in 3 times.
Sworn to secrecy!

Posted on: 2013/7/23 17:47


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2006/12/29 10:00
From Harrisburg
Posts: 2013
Offline
Quote:
(also, Squaretail, one of the highlights of past jams was witnessing your dogs bark endlessly at fish, and I've been denied me that two years running now, and i'm kinda sad)


A burden no doubt. For me its a larger burden when I'm at the stream with the thought of them at home just sitting there and looking out the window knawing at the back of my mind.
Are you saying posting style has changed? Now I'm the one thats sad. Funny as hell if yer skin aint thin.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 11:30


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2010/11/5 14:26
From Albrightsville, PA
Posts: 1449
Offline
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Quote:

PoconoPaul wrote:
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
I went fishing yesterday on a stream I've been wanting to fish for years. It runs a long way through back country and is an AMD victim that is recovering. The stream may even be a Class A stream, and was surveyed for the first time last year.
I've included a few pics.


Nice fish Chaz! Very healthy looking. Let me know when you've completed fishing all the streams in PA. Man you know where to find em.


Some of it is luck; some of it is knowing where to look. Iwouldn't send anyone there along though, I don't usually have trouble wading but on this day I went in 3 times.
Sworn to secrecy!


Eh, no need to tell. I am out of the secret stream business :). If I find one I find one, if I don't no big deal and I won't ask either :)

In any case, glad you didn't break anything (e.g. leg, arm). The wading fiasco reminds me of that one day on the Little Schuylkill over by the Greasy Spoon (which burnt down by the way, replaced by a snazzy new bar & grill) when we both took spills.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 14:52


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2010/11/5 14:26
From Albrightsville, PA
Posts: 1449
Offline
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
I think the way it works gary is if you want the info you pm him for it. and if he feels you are worthy he will share. At least thats my understanding of how secret spot burning works. You can't demand it openly even with sugar on top.



I believe the worthy part is gained through sweat equity. Whenever Chaz took me to any of his secret places back in the day, the trip commenced only after I proved my worthiness by helping him around the property, or moving equipment or furniture or so on. He never made me cut grass (fortunately), but I earned my stripes.

From there I was taken to the stream via "alternate" routes so I'd never find more direct means of getting there in the future much less remember how I got there originally.

So if you are game for a little manuel-labor you'll earn points and he'll take you to these places. And it's worth it, because he'll put on streams where you'll catch some nice fish.

Just remember to bring cash.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 15:00


Re: Un-named trib to un-named trib

Joined:
2006/9/13 10:18
From LV
Posts: 7977
Offline
Quote:

PoconoPaul wrote:
[The wading fiasco reminds me of that one day on the Little Schuylkill over by the Greasy Spoon (which burnt down by the way, replaced by a snazzy new bar & grill) when we both took spills.

I noticed they rebuilt something there, remember the waitress? The manual labor was my a er, better halfs idea.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 15:13



« 1 (2)



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls





Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com