Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Ultimate PA trip - July

From Lancaster
Perfect!!!! You got the whole thing well on its way to being planned out. Think how much more time you will have to fish and you won't need to use all that gas to drive to Philly. You gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Posted on: 2013/6/13 17:06

From Ohio
Exactly, so now it's JUST a fishing trip! I'm actually thinking of doing next weekend now instead. Might miss the tricos but I've never fished that hatch anyways so I don't really know what I'm missing.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 6:38

From LV
It's trico time on the limestone streams, size 24 spinners and duns are the ticket. On frestone streams terrestrials are the ticket, but don't rule out stimulators and other attractors like a royal wulff.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 10:15

I hear you on the history but if I had to choose it would be Centre County and Spring Creek over the Cumberland Valley. Letort is very difficult and other than the ditch I think Big Spring is also very difficult. Definitely just my opinion, but that's what it is. Also in State College ther R some brookie streams worth trying. Check the Class A Wild Trout waters list for either location to see what is out there too.

Pa sure does have the streams though, no doubt. An embarrassment of riches.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 18:22

From Ohio
Quote:
Also in State College ther R some brookie streams worth trying. Check the Class A Wild Trout waters list for either location to see what is out there too.

Last time I was out in Centre county I did check out a couple of Class A brookie streams but was overall kinda dissapointed. I mean I caught fish and all and enjoyed myself, but I've fished much better non-class A's(not in Centre though). I totally understand that the populations fluctuate though, and it's probably been a while since a lot of these streams have been surveyed. The brookie fishing I do do this time around I think I'll just pick some random blue lines in a likely brookie area and explore a little. That's more fun anyways.

I also want to check out some of the Class A brownie streams around State College though(I assume these are mostly limestoners, especially the ones in the Spring Creek watershed?)

Quote:

Pa sure does have the streams though, no doubt. An embarrassment of riches.

Yep. For trout(except steelhead) I find myself fishing in PA most weekends. This weekend I'm planning on fishing(if it's not blow out) one of Ohio's BEST trout streams, and it's still not all that great at least compared to PA streams. The non-resident license is well worth the money, and I'm fortunate to live within an hour of a bunch of decent stocked streams, and not all that far from wild streams.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 19:32

From Ohio
Quote:
The non-resident license is well worth the money

Yes it is. I made the trip to PA this morning for a little blue line exploration.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 17:34

From Ohio
Cabin booked.........trip is a go!

Posted on: 2013/6/18 15:03

From Ohio
Well, the trip starts today, but as my luck would have it this will be the hottest week of the year so far! And storms are in the forecast for the entire week. I know the limestoners will be ok temp wise(except for maybe Penns as I'm told), but hopefully the brookie streams and the like aren't too toasty. I'll definitely be taking the thermometer on this trip. If all else fails it'll be nice just to get away from it all, which in the grand scheme of things is what it's all about.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 9:50

From LV
Quote:

streamerguy wrote:
Not sure what I'm taking on the way there, whatever the GPS says I guess. Most of my fishing will be on the way back I think.

Looking at the map I guess I'll take 76 from Philadelphia all the way to the Breeches, Letort, and Big Spring area and then from there shoot up to State College somehow. I'll be taking rt 80 home from there.

The fastest way to Central PA from Ohio is rt 80 to Milesburg or Bellefonte. I've done the trip many times. There are hundreds of streams along the way.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 13:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com