Tussey Mountain pond

N

NETFM

Does anyone know anything about the pond by tussey mountain...is it fishable??

Define "fishable."

:cool:

private/public....I know theres fish in there from hearsay

Never seen this pond, but when i was at school there, i always wanted to give thatpond/lake a go thats on college/26. Its the one by the old furnace mansion. Anyways, i could have fished that OR drove another 10 mins to spring. You can imagine why i never fished it. Actually, I never found a nice/productive warmwater area in the time i was there.

Its not on college/26 its actually off the mountain off 322 past the go-kart area....apparently it has some lmb....and that's what im looking for is a pond/lake that is fishable from the shore for LMB or SMB

It's owned by the Tussey Mountain ski resort. Find their website. It may have info on the pond, or at least contact info, so you can ask them about access.

The lake at Bald Eagle State Park has bass, perch, crappie, bluegill etc.

NETFM wrote:
Its not on college/26 its actually off the mountain off 322 past the go-kart area....apparently it has some lmb....and that's what im looking for is a pond/lake that is fishable from the shore for LMB or SMB

Yeah, the retention pond/lake on 26 is completely different than the tussey pond you are talking about.

Fished bald eagle a few times from my buddy's boat...not much of a fan.

the one your talking about is right across the street from the pig farm right on porter im going to say??

That pond is fishable. I think they actually have pedal boats you can rent, and fish from if you wish. It has bass and bluegill. However, I don't think many people travel to central PA to fish it. I only fished it once, because I happened to be there and always carry a rod.

Im a jersey guy originally so im a bass fisherman at heart and miss it so I want to go out somewhere because I cant hit the big lake because I have no boat....no anywhere with a lot of shore access with decent bass fishing??

It is strictly C&R and is free to fish. Lots of LMB and perch. There are also crappie & bluegills. I love to take the drive from huntingdon, hit whipple lake and then head through rothrock over the mtn to tussey pond and fish that then head home. Its a great little place to fish.

On your way back to Jersey stop and fish the Raystown.

Back