Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Thousand Islands, Canada side

Heading up for a family vacation the week after July 4th. Was curious if anyone has been up there recently? I haven't been there in about 10 years. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Been tying like a madman the last month. Poppers, gurglers, deceivers, etc. Any other recommendations?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 13:44

Re: Thousand Islands, Canada side

I have never fly fished up there, but if you are into baitcasting/spinning fishing, I can tell you quite a bit about it up there. I have bass fished quite a few times up there withing the last 12 years...make sure to make your way over to Wellesley Island and Kring Point...or into Lake of the Isles!

Posted on: 2013/6/7 10:11

From Gettysburg
I've not personally fished that area, but a friend of mine that has gone up there yearly for many years says the fish (bass and panfish) are not in the places where they were a decade ago. His opinion is that Zebra mussels have cleared the water and fish are deeper in summer now.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 22:27

Bass -> I am taking the baitcaster as well as a spinning rod. Along with an 8 and 6 weight. Gonna be fun since I've more or less exclusively used a fly rod for fishing the last 3 years. Got a stash of Zara Spooks, rapalas, spinnerbaits, and a ton of plastics (worms, tubes, jerkbaits, etc).

Fish -> from what I understand the zebra mussels have completely changed the river. Ive been told the water is crystal clear, and like you said, yhe fish have moved deeper. Also heard the fish key in on gobies. I'm still hoping to find some bass and smaller pike in the bays. Gonna make a side trip with my uncle to Lake Oneida for a day as well.

Posted on: 2013/6/8 11:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com