There were fish rising at valley creek.

willdeb

willdeb

Last weekend I was fly fishing at valley creek. We saw a many fish rising. We were thinking they were rising on midges but we were not quite sure. We did not see many flies in the air but the fish were rising past the covered bridge by yellow springs road. Can someone tell me what kind of fly that might of been and what I should of used.
Thanks Will.

PS. Could they have been emergers

Maybe Stone Flies. Could be caddis too.

Usually at Valley it's midges. The only other possibility is BWO's or maybe emergers. I sent you a PM.

I was out most of yesterday (Tuesday) lots of BWOs and rising in the morning from the iron bridge up. Lots of guys fishing too! Actually more like fish big and small popping out of the water a 5 or 6 inches. I assume they were chasing emerges. I threw CDC BWOs at them and also tried parachute adams but no response. They did grab PTs most of the day and caught a bunch of fish, including a hearty 14 incher and this 12 incher

Saw fair amounts of BWO's Saturday...

Almost certainly BWO. Tis the season, and Valley has plenty. Size 18ish. Olive body, dark dun wings.

+1 what Pcray says...

Was on the water this weekend and saw a fair amount of BWO floating down stream.

cant say what they were I have had good days with olives on valley but the fish always seem to be rising in a few locations with out a hatch going on. probably some kind of midge emerging.

Back