The little juniata (March 5th)

NewSal

NewSal

Going out on a limb here..

I'm a very new fly fisher (first year taking it seriously) and was fishing the lil j yesterday, was using little black stonefly nymphs and zebra midges and didn't catch a thing

Ran into a more experienced angler and he gave me a pattern he came up with himself and after fishing it for about 15 minutes I ended up catching a few fish, which is good for me but bad for anyone else considering how he was catching a ton, well I ended up loosing the fly and didn't take a picture of it, was really hoping on taking it home and tying it myself, just seeing if this guy is a member on here and would snap a photo of that fly, it's a long shot I know but worth a try!

Tha pattern was kind of like a hares ear nymph with a blend of chartreuse and yellow dubbing body, yellow or green wing case I think, and chartreuse tail, tied on a jig head style hook with a nickel bead... Anyone have a pattern like this?

Oh you mean a green weenie?

No haha, I used a green weenie today and caught a few though

I wouldn't sweat having to fish that exact pattern. Have someone tie up a frenchie on a jig hook in the colors you described.

Attachments

• Simple-Jig.JPG
    Simple-Jig.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Parrotts-Euro-Jig-Nymph-olive-flash.jpg
    Parrotts-Euro-Jig-Nymph-olive-flash.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 2
Sounds like a peeking caddis to me.

I tie a dark brown walts worm with a nickle bead, and a chart tag on the back which really works well. It sounded similar to that. I've used that fly and did well with.

agreed it sounds like a peeking caddis. This pattern is doing quite well on the J right now. Many ways to tie it.

Back