Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: The Smokies

From Ephrata, PA
Hey the 6 string banjo has been around since the mid 1800s!!!

I don't have a 5 string banjo anymore. I sold it. I could get the chords down but not the pickin. By the way, I think a "real" banjo is a 4 string tenor banjo

Posted on: 2013/8/8 10:10

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
The talk of wild bows in the general forum got me thinking of an older thought I had of doing a camping/fishing trip in the Smokies. Problem is, I have no idea where to even start. I'm open to suggestions from everything as to where to camp, what time of year, etc.

Do you want to stay in NC or TN? In NC, Bryson City is a good choice to start: several of the park's best streams on the Carolina side are within very easy reach from here, such as Deep Creek, Noland Creek, Forney Creek, Hazel Creek, etc. To reach Forney and the famous Hazel Creek requires a long hike in to the remote campgrounds or a boat ride across Fontana Lake.

Check out www.randrflyfishing.com and call or e-mail them for some great information on fishing both sides of the park. Also, they run a 3-4 day fishing annual Spring flyfishing camping trip to Hazel Creek, guided or unguided. Price is reasonable and includes all meals, boat transportation, etc. If you take the guided option then every morning after breakfast you'll depart with your guide to fish and if not you explore on your own.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 15:07

From Ephrata, PA
Man this trip is getting close! My dad, brother, and cousin are all tagging along. I got a rod from the Fiberglass Manifesto's rod loan program to try out on those little streams down there, got a game plan for the streams, the campsite, I just got my 10 day license for North Carolina ($10! What a deal!), and we're close enough that the extended forcasts are showing the dates we'll be down there (I know they can't accurately predict that far ahead).

I'm getting pumped! My daughter and I tested out a new tent a few weekends ago. Happened to be on a very rainy night...no leaks.

Posted on: 2013/9/21 11:06

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com