Spring Creek tomorrow anyone?

C

chuckyblack09

Heading out to Spring Creek tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up? Gonna fish the canyon section.

I was on Spring today for a bit and did lousy so I hope that you fair better than i did.

What was the water looking like today?

Spring creek was definitely pushing some water and was slightly off color. It actually looked perfect. There were midges and a few caddis in the air. The water was slightly clearer down by Bellefonte than it was up in the canyon. I had one trout on briefly before it shook the hook. All in all it wasn't a great day. In fact, I didn't see any angler land a fish during the time I was there.

Wish I had known about Valley when I lived in wilmington Del. -short trip compared to the ones I took every week during the season...00ps thought I was on Philly post--lol

pete41 wrote:
Wish I had known about Valley when I lived in wilmington Del. -short trip compared to the ones I took every week during the season...00ps thought I was on Philly post--lol

Valley was a local stocked ditch until it became contaminated in the 1980s and stocking was stopped due to the fish being unfit to eat. In the ensuing years, Valley has become a first class wild trout fishery.
Ironically, this is much the same story for Spring Creek.

(Pete: if you want to cut and paste your comment above into the Philly thread, feel free to do so. I can delete your post from this thread afterwards. DW)

Back